> the fact; getters and setters defined by an object initializer
> or in a class are fixtures and hence not deletable.
Really, that doesn't create a compatibility problem? I realize getters and
setters aren't in ES3, but this seems like ES4 would be making a significant
departure in behavior from the majority of current browser implementations
of the same getter/setter syntax used by ES4:
>>> obj = {get foo() { return 'hi' }}
Object foo=hi
>>> obj.foo
"hi"
>>> delete obj.foo
true
>>> obj.foo = 'goodbye'
"goodbye"
>>> obj.foo
"goodbye"

With ES4, obj.foo would still be returning "hi" at the end? That sounds
nice, but is there no fear of compatibility issues with that?
Kris