On Wed, Mar 07, 2018 at 09:55:51PM -0500, Richard M. Heiberger wrote:
> My guess is that starting from outside the package misled ESS.
> Try this sequence.
> ## then open the R source in directory mypackage/R/
> ## modify the R files and C-c C-c revised functions. They will go
> inside the namespace.
That works! Yay! In particular, no complaints about a locked namespace.
However, doing C-c C-l does not work; if I modify the code and read in
the whole file, the old code seems to still be in force.
The particular way I found this out was that I inadvertently installed
the package with code that had a breakpoint in it. When I removed the
breakpoint in the package source directory and did C-c C-l it remained
in force. When I did C-c C-c on the function that had the breakpoint,
the breakpoint stopped firing.
ESSfirstname.lastname@example.org mailing list