From: etherlab-users-boun...@etherlab.org
[mailto:etherlab-users-boun...@etherlab.org] On Behalf Of
hamelin.phili...@ireq.ca
Sent: Tuesday, 22 January 2013 09:48
To: etherlab-users@etherlab.org
Subject: [etherlab-users] EL2252: SII eeprom and XML config mismatch

Hi,

I'm having troubles using the Beckhoff EL2252 with Etherlab. According to
the documentation and the XML file, I should have 5 sync managers:

Outputs:

- SM0: DC Sync Activate

- SM1: DC Sync Start

- SM2: Channel 1 & 2 outputs

Inputs:

- SM3: SysTime and Feedback

However, when connecting the slave to the Etherlab master I get the
following config (which is fixed by the device):

$ ethercat -p 1 pdo
SM0: PhysAddr 0x0981, DefaultSize    0, ControlRegister 0x00, Enable 12
  TxPDO 0x1602 "DC Sync Activate"
    PDO entry 0x1d09:81,  8 bit, "Activate"
SM1: PhysAddr 0x0990, DefaultSize    0, ControlRegister 0x00, Enable 4
  TxPDO 0x1603 "DC Sync Start"
    PDO entry 0x1d09:90, 64 bit, "StartTime"
SM2: PhysAddr 0x0f00, DefaultSize    0, ControlRegister 0x44, Enable 9
  RxPDO 0x1600 "Channel 1"
    PDO entry 0x7000:01,  1 bit, "Output"
    PDO entry 0x7000:02,  1 bit, "TriState"
  RxPDO 0x1601 "Channel 2"
    PDO entry 0x7010:01,  1 bit, "Output"
    PDO entry 0x7010:02,  1 bit, "TriState"
    PDO entry 0x0000:00,  4 bit, ""
  RxPDO 0x1604 "Reserved"
SM3: PhysAddr 0x0910, DefaultSize    0, ControlRegister 0x00, Enable 4
SM4: PhysAddr 0x1000, DefaultSize    0, ControlRegister 0x00, Enable 4

Is doesn't make any sense to me that SM2 is a RxPDO since this is the output
state that the master should provides. Moreover, the PDO mapping is fixed by
the device so I can't configure my own mapping. I see two possibles
problems:

a) The SII eeprom isn't correct;

or,

b) I don't understand the meaning of these lines :-)

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Philippe Hamelin, ing., M. Ing
Chercheur / Researcher

T: 450-652-8499 x2198
F: 450-652-1316

Expertise robotique et civil
Institut de recherche d'Hydro-Québec (IREQ)
1740, boul. Lionel-Boulet
Varennes (QC) J3X 1S1, Canada