The CU2508 has been brought up a few times - it is definitely not compatible
with Etherlab (or Linux in general, as far as I know).  It would be nice if
it were, but nobody has put time in to write a custom driver for it yet.

From: Graeme Foot
Sent: Tuesday, 14 February 2017 10:34
To: Lander Usategui San Juan <lan...@erlerobotics.com>;
etherlab-users@etherlab.org
Subject: Re: [etherlab-users] Sniff the network

Hi,

Generally you place a switch (not a hub) between two slaves in your fieldbus
and then connect a computer to a third port in the switch.  On the computer
you disable all protocols on the connected port (to avoid the computer
sending any packets on that port) and run Wireshark.

If the switch is configurable make sure it doesn't delay forwarding of the
packets.

The computer connected to the switch could be your CX9020.

Wireshark is not running realtime so you can't rely on the Wireshark
timestamps too closely.  However, if you are running Distributed Clocks you
can look at the distrubuted clock reference slave timestamp (32 bits only so
it does roll over every 4.2 seconds appoximately).  Or better yet, if you
have some spare money, you could buy a Beckhoff ET2000 network probe.

As for the CU2508, I haven't seen anyone mention it in the forums and from a
quick look I suspect it might need a special device driver.

Regards,

Graeme Foot.

  _____