Ciau Edoardo,

I attached a driver for r8169 for kernel 4.4.39.

I patched it following the example from etherlab. I'm compiling it with the
headers of the latest version of etherlab, that is default branch, I think.

But you can replace the headers with whatever version of etherlab master you
are using.

It is working properly but it has a bug in it:

After powering up the system it works properly.

When a software reboot is performed, the system starts up and MAC address of
eth1 if zeroed out.

To workaround this problem, you need to unplug the machine from power, and
replug it.

I know it is not prefect but you can definitely start working and developing on
kernel 4.4 with this driver.

I hope I will get to fixing this bug within about 2 months, not sure if I'll be
available....

Hope it helps you out.

Nir.