Here's my little secret--

If you go to /proc you will find files that tell you all about the system.
Just cat or less or more (less is more, thank you Seth) and you can see
all sorts of interesting things.  I particularly like pci scsi/ and
interrupts.

Michael J Smith
Flyfisher, Russian Translator, and Professional Linux-Geek-at-Large
2250 Patterson #25
Eugene, OR 97405
(541) 346-7562