Hi Yaqin --

For apps try <http://greatbasin.linuxberg.com/>, they have lots of apps
under the gpl.
You can get Corel WordPrefect 8.0 for linux there. It's free for
personal use (they require
that you register it though after 30 days use. There are lots of other
products there so
explore the site. Also write to the makers of your favorite apps and
request the port it to
linux. They probably won't right away yet they more they're aware of a
potential market, the
more likely to do it.

Woody