Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 10:49:25 -0700
From: David Oaks - Support Coalition <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: update on satellite uplink

Hi Comboom folks!

I just talked to Clif Cox about all the great stuff he's been doing
out at the Oregon Country Fair....

Well, first of all it was his birthday two days ago, and maybe he
overdid all the rock slides at the lake.... and working at the Oregon
Country Fair.... but sounds like he's recovered!

The location of the material gathered at the OCF will be
http://ocf.festival.com/

But if you click that in the next few moments, it won't go anywhere
yet, you can click directly on the numbers though:

http://63.249.176.213/

So there's already a few photos up there. This is where Clif said
stuff would go..... So get ready to do some fast HTML..... For
instance, Clif agreed it would be cool for Elaine to add a link to
one of the pages so people can look at her photos from LAST year.

Clif said there'd be a special part about MAD PRIDE and that way
Akasha and others could just upload directly to that node.

The satellite dish is installed on the top of a trailer near the
warebarn..... But not to worry, there's a wireless feed to our booth
so we can upload/download remotely. Also there's a digitizer so
regular video can be made into a digital feed.

Note to Justin -- if KBOO brings a little tape recorder, you guys can
do a digital feed.... Clif can do a rea laudio food -- in other words
we can broadcast from the Communications Booth....  Just as I was
preparing to e-mail this message out, Justin e-mailed that he has a
MAD PRIDE song, wow co-inky-dink..... We all want to know the words
for what may be an anthem, approved before being heard (hey, it's mad
pride, we can approve anthems before ever hearing them).

Okay, folks there are a couple of dozen brainy talented people in our
booth... We have a couple of really dedicated people -- Drake and
Elaine -- "herding the cats" as they say at the fair (booth
coordinating us is like herding cats)..... so, let's build those
islands in the ferment of chaos and have a fantastic time getting
some "real product" onto the web.