There isn't a hardware setting for LBA for SCSI.  I can tell CMOS to boot from either
SCSI or IDE however, Linux sees the IDE drive and warns that the SCSI drive is not the
first drive.  However I found a line that says:
device=/dev/sda  bios=0x80
That stops the warning but doesn't do anyting for the kernal panic.
Maybe valum ...

Any ideas?