I am trying to print from kdevelop.  kdevelop can use enscript so in fact I
am trying to print using enscript.  It doesn't work right now because I
have an old level 1 postscript printer and it sends everything to it by
default in level 2 postscript.  So printing from the command line I can get
enscript to print just fine by adding the "--ps-level=1" option to the
command line.  But of course kdevelop does not allow me to specify any
options for enscript.  However enscript will, according to the man page,
read configuration information from the command line, environment variable
ENSCRIPT, user's personal configuration file ($HOME/.enscriptrc), site
configuration file (/usr/local/etc/enscriptsite.cfg) and system's global
configuration file (/usr/local/etc/enscript.cfg) in that order.  I have
tried variations on the following entries:

environment variable
ENSCRIPT="--ps-level=1"

enscriptsite.cfg
PostScriptLevel:1

enscript.cfg
PostScriptLevel:1

The man page states that the configuration file option for postscript level
is PostScriptLevel: level.

None of these entries has worked.  Does anyone have an idea what I am doing
wrong?