Tim,
        It sounds like your about 1/2 way there... you have 2 networks, now
you need
to setup forwarding. read the firewall howto... its really not too hard... I
cant say exactly how to do it with debian (thats why I havnt said
anything...)

Jamie

Sometime just before Sunday 07 July 2002 10:00 pm Timothy Bolz Wrote
about:[EUG-LUG:3344] Home networking - update -pizza
: An update
: I found that I can SSH from my non-connected (to the internet) box (Boyle)
: to my connected (to the internet) box (Tesla) then once I'm connected I can
: SSH from Tesla to efn.org.  I can also SSH from Boyle to Tesla and then use
: lynx.
:
: I still have got Boyle to access the web with Mozilla.
:
: I've tried a lot of different conifigurations and the for now at least I
: have the two talking to each other.  I'm not using dhcp.  I'd would like to
: keep static addresses for now. Until I can figure this out. If I can figure
: this out I should write a "how to" or an article on my adventure and how to
: to get a home network going.
:
: If I'm connected to Telsa via a shell could I open mozilla on Boyle and use
: the web that way?
:
: btw, I would have loved to been there for pizza but it's a long drive and
: I'd need more advance notice.  Say three days driving time. :-)  I only
: wish.  I miss the meetings.
:
: A guy at work and some of his friends are going to meet for a LUG meeting
: tomorrow Monday.  So this is just a start.  We'll go from there.  I'm
: considering FOXLUG since the area is the fox cities.
:
: Tim