I know I have asked this before, but I never did get it working right, so here goes
again.

On a daily basis I work on a number of different Unix platforms including Linux,
HP-UX, Solaris, AIX, and IRIX. Most of my work is done from either a HP-UX machine or
a Linux machine. Most of these systems use a different character for "erase" (HP uses
'DEL', Sun uses '^h', Linux uses '^?'). I know that I can change the character by
doing "stty erase ^?", but this gets a bit tiresome. Has anybody devised a way to
determine what the setting should be for the type of terminal you are on and set it
that way? If so, can you share, please.....

Garl