Tony,
        It sounds like your on the right track, however Id suggest running the system
on a hard disk instead of cd... it will be alot of work to get your disk
right, and even then the system will likely be fairly unstable.
        brooktree is well supported. I have 2 tv cards, and the one with the
brooktree chipset wirks great under linux. I havnt done captures from a
script (just from xawtv) but it should be possible. It wouldnt be too
difficult to write a script that captures the image, ftp's/email/whatever to
another machine. Another idea might be to keep the image(s) on that machine,
and link or ref the website to a webserver running on the capture box.

P.S. Any job openings there for linux nerds?

Jamie