> Barrhh! (grumpy pirate noise) Down with the Mac!
> Sorry, I'm a bit sour on OS X and the Mac lately -
> just last week I had my second complete hardware
> failure within a year on a 14" iBook.

Yeah, I'm still pretty burned over my tibook's airport card flaw, which
means that I get no connectivity unless I am literally a few feet from the
AP. Whoever at Apple made that snafu probably shouldn't work there
anymore. Apple denying for months that there wasn't any problem further
added fuel to the fire. Now, I'm a lot more weary about buying new Apple
hardware. I wait for someone else to do the beta testing.

But on the other hand, they make great products that enable me to "just
get things done". And that's extremely valuable, as I'm not always in the
tinkering/fscking around mood. They make really great stuff, and they're
the first company that's been able to TELL me what I'll like (ala Expose,
which I thought was just mindless fluff at first, but I now use all the
time, and I find it much better than virtual desktops).

Anyhow, enough rambling. I guess my point is that most Mac users have been
burned by Apple at some point, but we still all stick with em faithfully.
[insert flamebait rant about the "quality" Microsoft and Linux software
here]

/jgw