On Friday 10 October 2003 14:56, Linux Rocks ! wrote:

>       I use kmail too, and have noticed simular irregularities. It
> used to use the email address associated with the folder, but
> now it seems to use the most recently sent email address
> instead... weirdness! There is an option ("this address is for
> a mailing list" it think it was called) that handled that...

Eureka!  I just upgraded to SuSE and the solution was in one of
the "KMail Tips" that appear when you first launch it.

1.  Set up a filter so all of your Eug-lug (or whatever other
list) mail goes into its own folder.

2.  Go into that folder's properties, and down towards the bottom
of the property sheet is a listbox where you can choose your
default identity when responding to posts in that folder.

3.  FWIW I also checked the "Folder holds a mailing list" box.
Dunno whether or not that checkbox makes any difference for the
problem at hand.

Ken