PCPartsExpress used to be great. They have/had 'national warehouse' prices, and you could make an order and then just drive over and pick it up.. they're in Springfield, in the light industrial district between Gateway Mall and I-105. However, I guess they got tired of being a local retail chain because after about 4-5 months they decided that they were only going to ship - no local pickups. Oh well.

Since then I've been giving my business to ComputerBase, I know quite a few people who do so as well. Gotta remember to haggle - if you've seen it for significantly less online, mention it. Don't expect to get it for the same price (you're not paying shipping, and they have to make a profit somehow), but you may save yourself a few bucks.

-Brad

Jason wrote:
kbob mentioned Computerbase as a place in Eugene to
buy custom PCs/components; does anyone else have
recommendations for this or other places to buy custom
systems in town? I'd like to buy local and will be
needing a new system when I get back to Eugene. I will
probably be getting case/power
supply/motherboard/CPU/ram and finishing it off with
junk I already have.