>>>Yep -- the 1958 story was called "Watch This Space"

Yeah, I'm aware of "Watch This Space." But this was different, and more recent.
Perhaps it was Pizza Hut, before it was sold out of the Pepsi behemouth. Geeze, I wish
I'd saved those stories. Anyway, apart from the beginnings of outcry about the plan,
it was also deemed unfeasable due to the numbers involved and abandoned.

Still, we did get to see a giant, blow-op Pepsi can on Mir!

Jayme Lynn Blaschke
"The Dust" coming April 2001 in
THE ANT-MEN OF TIBET, AND OTHER STORIES
from Big Engine
http://www.bigengine.co.uk/index.htm

Blaschke Home Realm
http://www.vvm.com/~caius

(u are subscribed to the Europa Icepick mailing list:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]