In a message dated 10/29/2002 11:31:00 AM Alaskan Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

That could be really cool. Bunch of ice sculptures here and there, and this
one big cylindrical chunk of ice with the cryobot happily chewing its way
down the inside. I bet there's somewhere you could order a big block of ice,
or get it from the same people who make their sculptures.

Um... at risk of bringing up 'Alaska' yet again, I have to say that Fairbanks, Alaska hosts an annual ice sculpture contest, on the level of the one thrown in Hokkaido.  An old family friend of my dad, Tony O'Grady, lives in Fairbanks -- his job is to provide crystal clear ice for these sculptures every year.

-- JHB