  1) A couple of links with documentation on freedom car and fuel cell
        by "Rod Hower" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) RE: Advice on buying a used EV.
        by "Sell, Ken" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: Evercel MB80
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: Evercel MB80
        by "Jon \"Sheer\" Pullen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: Advice on buying a used EV.
        by Otmar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: Evercel MB80
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: EV digest 2400
        by Daniel J Rivest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: Evercel MB80
        by John Wayland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) auction
        by Rod Hower <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Re: auction - the links
        by Rod Hower <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: Evercel MB80
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: auction - the links
        by "Jon \"Sheer\" Pullen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: Flooded 6v to NiZn 12v comparison (was: Evercel group buy?)
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 14) Re: Evercel MB80 price
        by Jim Coate <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: Measuring voltage during charging
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) NiZn recycling?
        by Jim Coate <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: auction - the links
        by Seth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: Q on Series Motor
        by Seth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: Flooded 6v to NiZn 12v comparison (was: Evercel group buy?)
        by "Jon \"Sheer\" Pullen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Re: RAV4 EV purchase
        by "Vince" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Re: Measuring voltage during charging
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 22) Re: Advice on buying a used EV.
        by "Vince" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) Re: My next EV
        by Paul G <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 24) Re: Prestolite RPM working speed and RPM limits
        by Paul G <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 25) Re: Obtaining a Toyota RAV4 EV outside Ca.
        by "Vince" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 26) Re: auction, an' Stuff
        by "Bob Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 27) Happy Haloween, a day late
        by "Bob Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 28) Re: Advice on buying a used EV.
 29) in Voltageville ...
        by Bruce EVangel Parmenter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
http://www.ott.doe.gov/otu/field_ops/hydrogen_class.html
This is info about using a fuel cell in your EV

http://www.cartech.doe.gov/pdfs/FreedomCar-partnership-plan.pdf
This is about the car Bush drove off a cliff
Rod

You sound just like me 6 months ago.
I ended up buying a 1984 VW Rabbit
convertible that was converted using
an Electro Automotive kit in 1998.

The car wasn't working went I bought it,
but I wanted something that I could
fix up. The batteries were in pretty bad
shape, and there was a lot of corrosion
on the battery racks. I've just finished
re-finishing and painting the racks, and
my next project is to add heat to the
car. I also live in Silicon Valley where
the climate is mild, but I need a defogger
for safety reasons.

Given my experience so far, I'd say buying a
used conversion is a great idea. You will
get it a lot cheaper than doing a conversion
from scratch. If you go with a 914 or VW,
especially one with a "standard" conversion,
someone else has worked out most of the
bugs in the conversion for you.

Good luck,

....Ken