  1) Re: Life as a Development Engineer (long)
        by Michael Hoskinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) OT backup battery system
        by Joseph Vaughn-Perling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) charging rate
        by "Joseph Miller"<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: OT backup battery system
        by Steve Gaarder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: Moving A Rabbit
  6) Re: Beefing up a Neon to convert.
        by "David Roden (Akron OH USA)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: Life as a Development Engineer (long)
        by "David Roden (Akron OH USA)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: charging rate
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) liquid heater tanks
        by "Gary Graunke" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) How hot a charger is needed?
        by "Joseph Miller"<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: charging rate
        by Bruce EVangel Parmenter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: How hot a charger is needed?
        by "David Roden (Akron OH USA)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: How hot a charger is needed?
        by Bruce EVangel Parmenter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Re: from a sheer livejournal entry - kinda OT, about oil
        by "Bob Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: Moving A Rabbit
        by Bruce EVangel Parmenter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re: from a sheer livejournal entry - kinda OT, about oil
        by "Bob Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) crank.jpg.jpg OT a bit
        by "Bob Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) New US battery model?
        by Bruce EVangel Parmenter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: from a sheer livejournal entry - kinda OT, about oil
        by Lonnie Borntreger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Re: from a sheer livejournal entry - kinda OT, about oil
        by Rod Hower <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Subject: Battery Trailer was: Re: Beefing up a Neon to convert.
        by "Shelton, John D. AW2" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) Re: from a sheer livejournal entry - kinda OT, about oil
        by "1sclunn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) Re: OT - Re: hydrogen economy
        by Peter A VanDerWal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 24) cONTROLLER 4 SALE
        by "jack gretta" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 25) Re: crank.jpg.jpg OT a bit
        by "James Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 26) Re: crank.jpg.jpg OT a bit
        by "Bob Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 27) Re: Subject: Battery Trailer was: Re: Beefing up a Neon to convert.
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 28) Re: OT - Re: hydrogen economy
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 29) Re: liquid heater tanks
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message --- Speak for yourself! Everything I do turns to mud - especially these last couple of weeks when I was finally forced at knifepoint to finish drywalling the bedroom and bathroom in time for the kids to come for Christmas.

Easy??? My poor car is freezing in the dark while I'm worrying about Christmas! Humbug!

And what happens when you don't satisfy only yourself, eh? You redo it, then you redo it again. Before you know it, you're driving a "rolling science project". (BTW, just what do you people have against the RSP?)

On the bright side, Rich said he would have my '50 ready in time for my son to pick it up and bring it up here. Charging heaven at last! And I got confirmed holidays next June for the week of the REV-2003 show in Vancouver.

Mike Hoskinson

No time = No progress = No happy.
(Tongue in cheek at the end of a long busy day at the day job.)

I'll get some pictures of my RSP this weekend and put them on the web site. Kinda grim looking so far, but I really just have a whole bunch of body panels and things to bolt on.

Chris Tromley wrote:
(good story cut out)

Life is easy for a hobbyist working by
himself, satisfying only himself.
You need a diesal generator.  Don't use batteries for this application.
Do what the pros do, get a generator.  There is no data center anywhere
that would try to run for 48 hours on battery power.  It costs too darn
much.

>> From: "James Jarrett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> Subject: OT backup battery system
>> Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 14:00:54 -0500
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Those of you who follow the news/weather will have heard about (or been
>> caught in) the massive Ice storm that left over 2 million people in
>> NC/SC
>> without power.
>>
>> My School was without power for about 5 days.  The powers that be
>> here want
>> us to try and put together a battery backup system that will keep our
>> Servers, phones, and alarm systems on long term battery backup (say
>> at least
>> 48 hours).
>>
>> Right now, we only have "standard" ups power which is generally
>> exhausted in
>> anywhere from 7 minutes to 1/2 hour (depending on which battery bank
>> it is
>> on).
>>
>> I'm trying to get an estimate of how much power we need to provide
>> and the
>> other specs, but if any of you folks with off grid systems would be
>> willing
>> to help me design and purchase a system I'd appreciate it.
>>
>> Just FYI according to a few back of the envelope calcs I did, we are
>> going
>> to need a system to provide somewhere between 2 and 3 kw for 48 hours.
>>
>> Looks like I'll be building a new outbuilding just for the bats...
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> James F. Jarrett
>> Information Systems Associate
>> Charlotte Country Day School
>> (704)943-4562
>>
>> I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.
Hi:  I have a Rabbit with 20 US-125 batteries, and a 30 mile commute,
frequently draining the pack by my return if any side trips added in.  The max
charge rate I get out of the Russco charger is 10 amps.  The batteries are 225
AH capacity.  Is there a long term (bad) consequence to charging at this lower
rate?

Thanks

Joe

"White Rabbit" `81 Rabbit Pickup
www.austinev.org/evalbum/390.html
Joe Miller KI7WV
Check out the Trace 4024 or 4048 inverter/chargers.  They look like just
the thing for making a large UPS at a reasonable cost.  Add some solar
panels and you could run indefinitely...

Steve Gaarder

West coast vehicles are in so much better condition body wise.  The motors
are usually not in as good a condition.  That doesn't matter when you are
talking glider.  Lawrence Rhodes....