  1) Vego/Powersonic group buy.
  2) Re: Traction Control (was First EV Sports Car)
        by Aaron Birenboim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Range doubling device diagrams
  4) Re: Range doubling device diagrams
        by Rod Hower <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: Range doubling device diagrams
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) RE: [EMAIL PROTECTED] mi: stupidity fries chrgr, susp., transm., and brake
booster noises
        by "Kevin Coughlin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Disc motor coils for use with Etek magnets
        by jerry dycus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) What is flashover?  Was Re: Worst outcome of minor brush arcing
        by Bob Bath <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) RE: Gary Starr Fiero purchase
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 10) Re: TEVan and stupid EV mistakes
        by Rod Hower <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: [EMAIL PROTECTED] mi: stupidity fries chrgr, susp., transm., and brake
booster noises
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) 54V generator?
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 13) Fw: Range doubling device diagrams
 14) Re: 54V generator?
        by "M.G." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: 54V generator?
        by Neon John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re: 54V generator?
        by Chimer Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Learning from one's Mistakes
        by John Wayland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: Learning from one's Mistakes
        by "Joe Smalley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
All who have the Vego Scooters with no batteries take heart.  Powersonic now
makes a new 10.5ah battery specially for scooters the PSH -12100.  It has
the same foot print as their 7 ah battery.  Two fit in the Vego 450 iq.  4
might fit in the Vego 600 but I haven't measured yet.  Anyone interested in
a group buy let me know.  I know I sent out some Vego Scooters without
battereries so this is your chance.  They will be under 20 dollars each plus
shipping.  Email me directly if interested.  They have the same watt per
weight ratio as some bigger batteries.  Powersonic website has the specs.
Google or Yahoo it.  Lawernce Rhodes..

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- John Wayland wrote:
Hello to All,

Philippe Borges wrote:

I suppose the Tzero can beat them in short drag race because it use traction
control...

...do sport ICE cars have it ?

Yes, in fact, most of today's higher end sport sedans and sports cars have it. Most
base
it on
the already-in-place ABS braking system...

My humble Toyota 4Runner has this too. However at ~3800lbs and 186hp, it only comes into play on the snow... but its the same idea. Its probobally quite common these days. -- Aaron Birenboim | This space available! Albuquerque, NM | aaron_at_birenboim.com | >http://aaron.boim.com |

http://home.jps.net/~bassoon/Diagrams/back%20EMF%20diagram.JPG
http://home.jps.net/~bassoon/Diagrams/BECS%20prototype.JPG
http://home.jps.net/~bassoon/Diagrams/BECS%20system%20diagram.JPG
http://home.jps.net/~bassoon/Diagrams/Inductive%20load%20diagram.JPG
http://home.jps.net/~bassoon/Diagrams/Voltage%20Pulse%20Diagram.JPG

shouldn't that web address be www.tilley.com?

Lawrence Rhodes wrote:
> http://home.jps.net/~bassoon/Diagrams/back%20EMF%20diagram.JPG
> http://home.jps.net/~bassoon/Diagrams/BECS%20prototype.JPG
> http://home.jps.net/~bassoon/Diagrams/BECS%20system%20diagram.JPG
> http://home.jps.net/~bassoon/Diagrams/Inductive%20load%20diagram.JPG
> http://home.jps.net/~bassoon/Diagrams/Voltage%20Pulse%20Diagram.JPG

Pretty pictures, but they don't say anything of substance.

Yes, you can store energy in an inductor; but the energy you get back
out is the same as you put in. Since real inductors always have losses,
as a practical matter you always get less back than you put in.

The same is true for capacitors. You always lose a little. No
combination of resistors and capacitors can ever produce more energy
than you put into it.

The only way you're going to get any "range doubling" with
inductor-capacitor circuits is when you use them to REPLACE a dropping
resistor. As we all know, PWM controllers (which use inductors,
capacitors, and switches) are more efficient than resistors. But they
are still less than 100% efficient.
has!" -- Margaret Mead
--
Lee A. Hart  814 8th Ave N  Sartell MN 56377  leeahart_at_earthlink.net

Hear hear! As I'm learning about this EV thing, and as I kept going up in
voltage on my Fiat project, I noticed that there did not seem to be a work
session I did not get startled, sometimes so much that I'd smack my knuckles
on something painful, by BIG "zorches" that I did not expect. Hmmmm. THAT is
why the pack disconnect was there!

I'm glad I'm not the only person who tried to shave off just a little time,
and ended up buying parts to replace the vaporized ones. I think in the
future I will just imagine that rule three is not an option.... And stick
with One and Two. That being said... I think I'll go outside and add another
battery to the car.

Kevin
> <snip> I broke 3 VERY SERIOUS RULES of working with EVs, novices:
> 1) Don't work on the car without pulling the breaker;
> 2)  Don't work on the car while it's charging.
> 3)  If you brake rules 1 & 2, make DAMN sure you're using insulated
wrenches!

> So here I am, driving my brother's Integra, waiting for parts and repairs,
and > feeling pretty stupid.
> Maybe someone else can benefit from my mistake.
>
> =====
> '92 Honda Civic sedan, 144V

    Hi All,
       With the electric finally back on I thought it
was time to do something.
       I need a good motor, comtroller so figured  I
could do it myself at a better quality, lower costs
and with a low cost, redundent, bldc, owner repairable
controller!
       I have most of the design finished for the
motor but need some advice on the coil sizes, ect to
start with.
       I found some speaker crossover coils that
looked like they would work. They are various 14gge
sizes.
       I'm assuming that the one with the most
inductance for the DC resistance is what I want, ie a
.60uH at .15dc ohms would give me 330 amps at 50vdc or
would it be a lot less from the inductance?
      Is that good or go .15uH at .07dc ohms or .90uH
at.20 ohms for more power, eff? 200-300 peak amps is
what I'm looking for. Or go larger wire size like
12gge?
       Any place with good prices on flattened donut
shaped coils, coil wire that would be good for this?
       Should I put as much transformer lams in it as
possible for higher eff? How much less torque, eff
will I get if I leave the lams out?
       I'm stuck with 8 E-tek magnets arranged 4 on a
side rotors with the coils stationary inbetween.
Should I use a steel plate to mount them on as a mag
field return for more eff or is that needed as I'd
like to use alum that is lighter and removes heat
better?
       With using  6 coils, cogging, dead spots would
lessen and more even torque would result though may go
for more.
       Any thoughs on how to make it better?
              Thanks,
                  jerry dycus