        by "Schacherl Jens" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: Double charging
        by Mike Chancey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) EV Display in Lawrence
        by Mike Chancey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) RE: FAQ DC vs AC
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: (FAQ?) DC vs. AC
        by Bruce Weisenberger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: Battery charger
        by "Mark Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: ProEV's Imp on track!
        by "Cliff Rassweiler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: EV 'X" prize? (part 2)
        by "Cliff Rassweiler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Test Only, Empty Text
        by "Roderick Wilde" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: Woodburn Stories?
        by "Rich Rudman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: EV 'X" prize? (part 2)
        by David Dymaxion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: new SF EAA chapter meets Saturday
        by Marc Geller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Re: EV 'X" prize?
        by "Cliff Rassweiler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Motor Trend, EVs in November Issue
        by "Roderick Wilde" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re: new SF EAA chapter meets Saturday
        by "EAA-contact" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Testing
        by "Shawn Waggoner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: (FAQ?) DC vs. AC
        by Chris Zach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Contactors for the Uninitiated
        by "Don Cameron" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Re: EV 'X" prize? (part 2)
        by Lightning Ryan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) EAA San Fracisco Chapter website or mailing list.
 22) Fedex moving in the right direction
        by Dave Cover <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) Re: (FAQ?) DC vs. AC
        by "Tom Shay" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 24) Re: Motor Trend, EVs in November Issue
        by "Tom Shay" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 25) Re: (FAQ?) DC vs. AC
        by Electro Automotive <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 26) Re: Motor Trend, EVs in November Issue
        by "John Westlund" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 27) Battery Desulficators
        by Ken Trough <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 28) li-ion boost pack musings - supercaps vs. lead acid?
        by "Bryan Avery" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 29) more on maya-100 ev
        by "Peri Hartman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 30) Re: (FAQ?) DC vs. AC
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 31) EBEAA Meeting this Saturday 10/23/04 10-12 in Alameda, CA
        by "EAA-contact" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
The Vicor units are very stout.  However if they are killed that is it.
They are not repairable per Vicor tech. support.  I grounded out mine and as
soon as the faulty connection was repaired the unit started to work again.
Mine is 5 years old and still going strong.  Mine is a 48vdc to 12vdc  unit.
Lawrence Rhodes.....
Date: Saturday, October, 23, 2004, 10 am to 12 noon.
Site: Alameda First Baptist Church
      1515 Santa Clara Ave, Alameda
Visitors welcome, open to the public.

This month's topic, in our series on basic critical componients used in EVs, is the EV
Battery Charger.

Every EV runs on batteries and needs some means to recharge the battery pack. This can
be handled through individual chargers (one per battery) or one overall charger for
the entire pack. The discussion will include some of the history of EV chargers, from
"bad-boy" to high-end chargers, what is ment by "power correction" or PFC, and the
importance of pack isolation.

Come join us for this hands-on discussion, and there will also be EVs on display in
the parking lot afterwards for futher interaction. Also review/discussion about last
month's SVEAA Rally and the start of a SF EAA Chapter.

Directions: Church is on North side of street, at the corner of Santa Clara Ave and
Stanton St in Alameda. Turn North on Stanton St. and left into the parking lot.

http://www.geocities.com/ebeaa
**********END OF MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT************

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com