  1) How to put pictures on album, - from Ed. Gordon in Plymouth, Devon, UK
        by "jeanedd" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Antique book: was Re:  ruminitions on energy
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  3) I hate batteries
        by "Mark Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: I hate batteries
        by "Roland Wiench" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: How to put pictures on album, - from Ed. Gordon in
  Plymouth, Devon, UK
        by Mike Chancey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) 1980 rabbit on the tradin' post
        by Seth Allen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Fw: Electric Porsche
        by "Steve Clunn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: I hate batteries, comments
        by "Bob Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: 1980 rabbit on the tradin' post, Free! see below!
        by "Bob Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) SAFT NiCads @8,000 miles (was: I hate batteries)
        by "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Precharge Resistor Questions
        by "Bill Dennis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Stewart Freaks Branson on Daily Show
 13) Re: SAFT NiCads @8,000 miles (was: I hate batteries)
        by "Philippe Borges" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Re: variac turn-on?  maybe ot
        by "Rich Rudman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: marketing hydrogen, really
        by "Rich Rudman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re: marketing hydrogen, really
        by Bob Siebert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: marketing hydrogen, really
        by Christopher Zach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: Stewart Freaks Branson on Daily Show
        by "Rich Rudman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: WATTABMR- Damage report (safty ideas)
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Re: marketing hydrogen, really
        by "Rich Rudman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Popeye's EV?
        by "Dave" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) Re: marketing hydrogen, Now charger connection safety.
        by Otmar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) RE: Precharge Resistor Questions
        by "Sweeney, John P" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 24) Re: WATTABMR- Damage report (safty ideas)
This is a FAQ, I'll bet, but please forgive novitiate ignorance,
how do I put a picture of the TWEV on the album ?
(And, - is it OK to do that ?)
Cheers
Ed.

The closest I can find is on www.bibliofind.com for $75
The title and date look right, but again, I am at work and don't have the book
handy to refer to, but I think this is a later edition than mine.

Title:
SELF-PROPELLED VEHICLES. A Practical Treatise on the Theory, Construction,
Operation, Care and Management of All Forms of Automobiles.

Publisher: Theo. Audel & Co.,
Place of Publication: NY:
Date of Publication: 1908.
Edition: 3rd ed.
Binding: 8vo. Red cloth. TEG. 598 ppg (including index),
Condition: VG (spine sunned/bit of wear at spine ends/corner tips worn).

URL(check this out, small enough to work in email!!):
http://tinyurl.com/4fjum

This weekend I'll try to unpack the part of my library that probably has that
book and the scanner in it (Moved last May, still finding things).

Well, I have only 7700 miles on my US125's 20ea for 120V system and my battery
scanner is showing #13 and #15 running dead after only 15 miles of travel, used
to have 30 mile range. Previously I had 14 of the US8VGC-HD-s which went 10k
miles.

In my Electro-Metro I used regular-bimbo Sam's T-105's (Trojan) (14ea) and got
14K miles but when switched to 14ea US8VGC's I only got 9k miles. I thought the
125's would last at *least* 14k miles since I charge at both ends, work & home
and only drive 15 miles to work now (with some running around for parts at
lunch <10 miles).

I payed $1200 for the 125's, guess I'll go back to 20 T105's from Sam's (but
they stopped putting handles on them, dumb) or some other el cheapo place. Does
anyone know of a better golf cart battery that doesn't cost an arm & a leg? I'd
love to have NiMh etc, but don't see how I could afford >$10k for a pack.

I also had the Trojans 220 AH which are now simular to the T105's.  I don't
drive that much a year and it takes me over 10 years to put on 15K miles.  I
was be able to get 12 years on these batteries with 4 replacements.

I now have the T145's which I bought directly from Trojan.  I now have 4
years, with no replacements and they are still in balance in with 0.01 volt
of each other in 26 batteries and 0.02 in the others.

These batteries have a insertion tab for a removable handle.

I normally drive about a week before charging, and they are charge up to 80%
in about 40 minutes and 100% in 60 minutes with a PFC-50B.

These units cost me about $80.00 each.

Ed wrote:

This is a FAQ, I'll bet, but please forgive novitiate ignorance,
how do I put a picture of the TWEV on the album ?
(And, - is it OK to do that ?)
Cheers
Ed.

Hi Ed and all,

Actually the EV Photo Album is only slightly connected with the EV List. I created it as a place to show off EVs since everyone spoke about their EVs and no one could see them. Many of the Album entries do not belong to folks on the EVDL. Yours is quite welcome as well.

To submit your EV to the Album, just go to http://www.austinev.org/evalbum and click on the "ADD YOUR EV" button at the top of the page. This will take you to http://www.austinev.org/evalbum/albumsubmission.html Follow the instructions there, email or snail mail me some pictures and fill out the form. When you press the "Submit Your EV" button at the bottom of the form, it emails me the form results, and sends a copy to you to as well.

Once I have the pictures and form results, I create the webpage and upload it to a temporary location for review. I then send you an email with a link to the temp page, asking you to review it and verify it came out as you wished. You then look it over and let me know what corrections are needed. Once you have approved it, I then move it to the regular Album area, and add it to the index. I then send another email with its new location.

This is a very hands on solution, but it does work. We are now up to 561 entries, so it is getting more than a bit ponderous. I have been considering a reconstruction to automate things a bit and drive the system from a database, but so far I haven't had the time to make any headway with that.

Anyway, send me some pictures, fill in the form, and I will get started on your page.

Thanks,

Mike Chancey
Webmaster
EV List Photo Album
http://evalbum.com

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- Never got anytone who was willing to show up with money to take the wabbit off my hands so it is on the tradin' post now.

Seth
  Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 09:05:38 -0500
  From: RemyC <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Stewart Freaks Branson on Daily Show

November 9, 2004 Comedy Channel Daily Show

Stewart totally stumped Virgin Billionaire Sir Richard Branson last night on
the Daily Show, leaving on his face a total state of bewilderment, fear and
anxiety. Branson assisted in the funding of the first commercial man flight
into space recently. Yet Branson ruffled in his seat, leaning back as far as
he could trying to avoid this question.

Stewart:
"What about this, putting up a prize for somebody to invent something to get
us off the internal combustion engine? What do you think of that?"
[Monster applause and screams of yeahs!!!]
"Get like an X-Prize type thing, like what they did with space travel...
what do you think of that?"

Branson:
[Uncomfortable giggle]
"uhu... that's hu... hu... yeah... hu... that makes a lot of sense... what's
the"
[Wringing his hands and chuckling uncomfortably as if the question had been
a joke!]

Stewart:
"How about giving me some seed money?"
[Branson leans back in disbelief as he slips his hands behind his head.]

Branson:
"Ah, ah, ah... hum... OK!"

Stewart:
"What do you think of that? You could set this thing up, and people could,
it could be like a private industry thing, there's got to be a way, I mean
we can fake diamonds, there's got to be a way we can make fake oil or
something, you know what I'm saying, it's just carbon for God sake..."

Branson:
"Water"

Stewart:
"Water? It's water?"

Branson:
"Hum..."

Stewart:
"An engine that could run on water? Set up a prize!!!"

Branson:
"Well I 've just given you the answer, so I want the money."

Stewart:
"Oh, you're gonna do it?"

Branson:
"No water!"

Stewart:
"What, cars run on water?"

Branson:
"Yeah, they could do..."

Stewart:
"What, on hydro electric cells or something like that?

Branson:
"Something like that... I don't know... I'm trying, I'm trying to get my
money back."

[Long pause]
Stewart:
"I'm telling you something, this could be a great thing."

Branson:
"ok"

Stewart:
"Seed money!"

Branson:
"Alright... (to the audience) everybody chip in here?"

Stewart:
"YOU're the BILLIONAIRE!!!"

Stewart:
"What's the next challenge?"

Branson:
(Trying to get back to talking about his reality show...)
"They're going into space... on Virgin Galactic."

Stewart:
"I freaked you out, didn't I?"

Branson:
"You completely freaked me out..."

Stewart
"I can't believe I'm comforting a billionaire... It's gonna be OK, you can
buy this network and kick me off the air."

---

This once again proves that you can do anything you want in this world,
except rock the oil economy apple cart... Stewart touched on a taboo, and in
front of millions of people proved once again that the only allowable way to
make money in America is to play by the rules, and the rules say, don't
touch the oil companies who own the banks who own even billionaires like Sir
Richard Branson.

Just for the record, I made the exact same proposal in the late 80's at the
Virgin office in London to a room full of befuddled Virgin executives. Since
then Virgin Airlines has moved their International office to Norwalk
Connecticut, where I live... so watch me go down in a few days with print
outs of this post, and copies of Electrifying Times, probably to get
escorted out again!

Branson runs a great Rock & Roll airline... but he's a total Trilateral
sell-out! I fear John Stewart just jumped the shark last night. By the way,
for those of you still interested, Branson's reality show is a crashing
bore...

Remy C.
ET webed

For me, Saft nicad is the way to go to have "money back" out of our
batteries.
Other solution would be a perfect EE designed EV using cheap golf cart
batteries but we all know perfect design don't exist...murphy's law.

hating my batteries ? no !
i take care of and love my batteries :^)

Philippe
Citröen electric Saxo, 120V of STM5-MRE Saft nicad.

Et si le pot d'échappement sortait au centre du volant ?
quel carburant choisiriez-vous ?
 http://vehiculeselectriques.free.fr
Forum de discussion sur les véhicules électriques
http://vehiculeselectriques.free.fr/Forum/index.php

From: "Lawrence Rhodes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>;
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Electric Vehicle Discussion List"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>