  1) Re: Ford Ranger EV Drivers Resist Repossession
        by richard ball <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: Ford Ranger EV Drivers Resist Repossession
        by "Bob Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: Ford Ranger EV Drivers Resist Repossession
        by "Tom Shay" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: regen...
        by "Rich Rudman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: regen...
        by "Rich Rudman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: regen...
        by "Rich Rudman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) EVLN("I don't know what to believe from Ford.")
        by bruce parmenter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: Tango comments- was Re: EVLN(Th!nk 'Public' EV 12k, launch later
 this year)
        by pekka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: Ford Ranger EV Drivers Resist Repossession
        by David Dymaxion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) EVLN(Matsushita pays Texaco-Chevron for ECDE Ovonic NiMH license)
        by bruce parmenter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: Ford Ranger EV Drivers Resist Repossession
        by Neon John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) EVLN(Matsushita pays Texaco-Chevron for ECD Ovonic NiMH license)
        by bruce parmenter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: Ford Ranger EV Drivers Resist Repossession
        by Robert MacDowell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Selling home made EV's, was Re: Ford Ranger EV Drivers Resist Repossession
        by jerry dycus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: Ford Ranger EV Drivers Resist Repossession
        by Mark Farver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
i wish you lived in the UK
if i could rent an electric car to drive about in and
find someone to fix the thing , I would gladly stump
up the cash
here in the UK however the cost of building a car to a
decent standard is just prohibitive unless you have
the facilities to do your own fabrication work and
lots of free time.
many people do of course build evs here but they tend
to be "built in a shed" style vehicles because to get
quality components made up by a decent machine shop
just plain costs too much
i read about people in the states complaining about
the lack of electric vehicles on the roads - you
should all be grateful that there are any at all !
if you lived in a country where components cost 2-3
times their value
how many evs do you think would get built?
i end up getting loads of stuff shipped from the
States for my projects - at least you lot can order
things and not pay the sameagain  as it's cost in
import tax, VAT and shipping (not to mention waiting
weeks for it to arrive)
rant over.
reb

  --- Steve Clunn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]

=====
Regards
Richard

http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

> [...]
> work so far.
>

> > The fact remains that if there IS a market for a production EV then
> > someone will fill the need.  Small car producers are around.  Look at
> > Panoz in Atlanta.  They've been around for about 15 years now and make a
> > fine living on about 200 cars a year.  Of course, Panoz's customers pay
> > the full market value for the cars without any subsidies.
> >
> Money is what makes things happen , if enough people would buy I think
> somebody will make them , I know I would . To all the people out there who
> are doing something , making cars , fixing up old one's or having somebody
> build one for them , I my mind you are the one's that will make it happen
,
> not the one's wineing about/to  the car makes , The way to get  the car
> makers to make them is by there not being enough conversion to keep up

    What a stunning inditment of the EV Biz. Or will people put their money
where their mouth is? Like to think if I could make Steve's offer up here in
CT he would get takers/....Would he? Fuel for thought as I was thinking of a
Steve like thing up here. Snowbelt Auto's/ Make ya think. As the Mark
Hastings/Seth Allan Rabbit moved fast, EVen though it needed alot or
cosmetic work, but for 500-700 bux, how could ya go wrong?Yet Steve can't
EVen get his investment back, will hafta trek up to NC to get his car back.
Now if J Wayland put the Blue Meany on the block? Bettya he'd sell it damn
Fast, If it were priced cheep? But all the detailing HOURS he spent on that,
Maybe One of the celebs might pay what it's worth, timewise? But to the
average converter, an older car, people say" $$$ bux for an OLD Whatever?"VW
Datsun, Honda? Fill in the blanks.

    You hafta find the right person to sell a conversion to, somebody like
most Listers. Remember the Gal, Gail? in Las Vegas, trying to drive an EV,
an old Citycar, when it broke, which was often, she was in trouble.She
needed a upgraded cleaned up Citycar, state of the art, she'd been happy.

    I like to think that a bare bones clean conversion would sell. Time will
tell, hell, haven't even started. I would hunt down clean small cars for
doners, VW's ,Hondas, that sort of thing.But you hafta think of it as a
sorta doo gooder hobby, NOT a living thing.

    Just a few thoughts on a snowy afternoon.

     Seeya

--- Begin Message --- I'm a bit surprised and disappointed that you don't have more people
wanting your EVs, Steve . Only $100 per month, no interest, no down payment and
no obligation to make repairs or continue making payments if something
goes wrong seems to me to be an offer that would be tough to refuse.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Clunn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

some of the car can be seen at www.grassrootsev.com

John De Armond
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://bellsouthpwp.net/j/o/johngd/
Cleveland, Occupied TN

Yes...
    Keep in mind that you never want to see anything more than 240 VAC on
the input. This will be up to you to ensure....

For maximum power through a PFC charger, you want more than 120 , and above
180 you can get full amps.

Like the other DC input applications... disconnect the Buck enhancer sensor,
and rejumper the Buck/NO buck header J7.

The system will light up at about 60 volts, and gets really with it by 100
volts.

And... this is a NO warrentied...feature... You break it, it's time and
materials. I just want to break even on the rebuilds.

A little filtering Capacitor between the Alternator and the charger would
help eat spikes that the two devices are going to inflict on each other.

10Kw...208 to 240 is a pretty healthy alternator...