  1) Re: DC/DC
        by Ryan Stotts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: Ship or leave - could be a free glider in Sacramento
  3) Re: Fwd: Ship or leave - could be a free glider in Sacramento
  4) NEDRA coverage in Wired rumored
        by Ken Trough <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) 12v Flooded battery advice.
  6) Car Simulation
        by "Don Cameron" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Hacking the Dymaxion idea.
        by "Stu or Jan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: 12v Flooded battery advice.
        by Ryan Stotts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: Hacking the Dymaxion idea.
        by Ryan Stotts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Re: Very simple BMS
        by Christopher Zach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: Ni cad charging,  Re: Very simple BMS
        by jerry dycus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: Very simple BMS
        by jerry dycus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: A few NiMH's on eBay
        by "George S." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Trojan vs US batt,   US batt phone number? Re: 12v Flooded battery advice.
        by jerry dycus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) RE: Hacking the Dymaxion idea.
        by "Stu or Jan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re: NEDRA coverage in Wired rumored
        by "Roderick Wilde" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: Ni cad charging,  Re: Very simple BMS
        by Christopher Zach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: A few NiMH's on eBay
        by Christopher Zach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: Ni cad charging,  Re: Very simple BMS
        by Dave Cover <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Re: Very simple BMS
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Re: Hacking the Dymaxion idea.
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) Re: Ni cad charging,  Re: Very simple BMS
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) Re: Ni cad charging,  Re: Very simple BMS
        by Christopher Zach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 24) Grandpa likes the EV
        by Ryan Bohm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 25) RE: Hacking the Dymaxion idea. RE;  Lee Hart
        by "Stu or Jan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 26) Re: Fwd: Ship or leave - Like it? Bring it!!!!
        by "Bob Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 27) Re: Ni cad charging, Re: Very simple BMS
        by "damon henry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 28) Re: Ni cad charging,  Re: Very simple BMS
        by Rush <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 29) Re: Hacking the Dymaxion idea.
        by jerry dycus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 30) Re: Ni cad charging, Re: Very simple BMS
        by Dave Cover <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 31) Re: Ni cad charging,  Re: Very simple BMS
        by "STEVE CLUNN" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
Victor wrote:

>Some newer car's wiring is modified that you
>can't even turn it off. My mom's VW Jetta is that way.

This worked on a '95 S10:

Set the parking brake one or two clicks.  It might turn off the day
time running lights without engaging the rear brakes.  First see if
the lights turn off when the parking brake is pulled, then see how
much it takes to engage the parking brake.

From: Dave Cover <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: EVList <ev@listproc.sjsu.edu>
Subject: Re: Ni cad charging,  Re: Very simple BMS
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 20:31:47 -0700 (PDT)

--- Christopher Zach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The way I did it in playing around was to take the output of the
> E-meter, run it into a BASIC/STAMP computer and have it watch the lines
> coming in one per second. When it saw the ah count go positive it knew
> the pack had hit equal and dropped the line that held the transistor/red
> relay open for the charger.
>
> As a bonus you don't have to worry about calculating that 110% thing;
> just set the E-meter with a 90% CEF. When the green light flashes (a 5
> or something in one of those fields) you have 110% charge.

Being a programming geek by profession, I'd love to try my hand at the BASIC STAMP route. Reading about the things people have been able to do with them sounds like fun. Can you give me some details about your setup and maybe a suggestion for a good beginners kit. Unfortunately my eMeter does not have the serial output so I'm going to keep my eyes open for one that does. Anyone have
one to trade for a regular Link 10 (brand new) without output?

Dave Cover

Chris,

I have a serial emeter and will be using a basic/stamp chip in a charger, I
would love to be able to use it also for reading when the charging is done.
Could you send me the programming that you did for the stamp? I'm real new to
the stamp programming so any help would be helpful. I've gotten the parallax
board of education kit and am reading the manual

Thanks

Rush
Tucson AZ
www.ironandwood.org

> The way I did it in playing around was to take the output of the
> E-meter, run it into a BASIC/STAMP computer and have it watch the lines
> coming in one per second. When it saw the ah count go positive it knew
> the pack had hit equal and dropped the line that held the transistor/red
> relay open for the charger.
>
> As a bonus you don't have to worry about calculating that 110% thing;
> just set the E-meter with a 90% CEF. When the green light flashes (a 5
> or something in one of those fields) you have 110% charge.
>
> Bit clunky, but it can be done.
>
> Chris

        Hi Lee, Stu and All,

--- Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Stu or Jan wrote:
> > The Dymaxion was a great car.
>
> It was an absolutely incredible car... in 1933. But
> a lot of advances
> have been made since then.
>
> > Let's start with that as a good example of a role
> model.
>
> I think what was important about the Dymaxion is
> *how* it was invented.
> Buckminster Fuller basically hired the very best
> minds, put them in a

     Thank you for bring this up as I was about to.
     The Dymaxion was designed by Starling? Burgess.
The top yacht, America's Cup racers and many other
things, designer of the day who headed the team.
     While it was Bucky's car, idea, it was not his
design.

> room, and told them to start with a blank sheet of
> paper and design the
> very best car possible. Don't limit yourself to
> what's been done before,
> or how people think it "should" be done.

   Yes, it was such a refreshing approach and one we
really need to do today for our morbid auto industry.
   They need to completely rethink both the
body/chassis and drive train, power source which would
naturally lead them to EV drive kicking and screaming.
But it must be done or Detroit auto's will die as they
have been shrinking for yrs and will shrink into
oblivion if they don't change their ways.

> As a result, the Dymaxion borrowed heavily from
> aircraft and boat
> designs, which were far more advanced than
> automobiles in the 1930s.
>
> If you did the same thing today, using the extra
> knowledge and
> technology we have no, there's no telling what it
> would lead to!

     I'm trying by using the same boat, aircraft tech
of today to make better transportation so able to take
best advantage of EV drives to cut costs in materials
and labor while greatly increasing mileage,
performance/$
     Today I go to see how the molds are coming along,
hopefully good news. Also buying the final material
for the composite chassis mold.
    I can't believe in this day and age Detroit hasn't
went much farter into the great advantages of
composite auto construction like aircraft are doing
now and boats have done for 1/2 a century!!
     I could see if it cost more but it doesn't!! My
costing has come out much less than Detroit doing them
in metal and I can make good profits on 10's of EV's
where Detroit has to build 100,000 cars/yr just to
break even!!
     Stu, stick to more normal steering of the frnot
wheels and you will be better off. While rear steering
works fair to good at low speeds, to say good at high
speeds is stretching it a bit.
     To both drive and steer a rear wheel is asking
for trouble. Pick one or 2 new things at a time to
experiment with and then use them before going on to
new ones or failure is the probable result.
     It's time for you to stop talking and pick
something and do it. Build a rear steerer and find out
just how they work instead of talking it to death for
instance.
     While my stuff looks radical, I have experience
in most of it before so chance is much less.
     And build cheap, quick, and dirty to test things
out, learn before putting too much work into things
that will most certainly fail. I usually build 3,
first very quick and dirty to test, then one to put
what I've learn into pratice then a third which takes
all the lessons and put them into a great, well built
product.
     That's why I like Wood/epoxy as one can be built
in a couple days very cheaply and easy to modify.
                   HTH's,
                     Jerry Dycus

> --
> The two most common elements in the universe are
> hydrogen and stupidity.
>       -- Harlan Ellison
> --
> Lee A. Hart, 814 8th Ave N, Sartell MN 56377,
> leeahart_at_earthlink.net

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Damon

Thanks for the info on the pbasic1 kits on eBay, I just put my bid in for one.
Can't wait!

Dave Cover

. Unfortunately my eMeter
does not have the serial output so I'm going to keep my eyes open for one that does. Anyone have
one to trade for a regular Link 10 (brand new) without output?

What kind of trade would you like to do ? Jon from www.grassrootsev.com has some old stock , still in the box of the older e-meter with the rs232 port and low batt alarm, ev software and a cd with a 500a shunt , 500v pre scaler for xantrex all for $255 .
steve clunn

Dave Cover