        by Jacob <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: What charger to use?
        by "Rich Rudman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: What charger to use?
        by "Mark Ward" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: Real EV data.
        by Jim Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: electric motorcycle performance
  6) Re: High current draw AGM battery capacity
        by "Rich Rudman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: electric motorcycle performance
        by jerry dycus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: 9" motor mount for 1980 Rabbit.
        by Bob Bath <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: What charger to use?
        by "Rich Rudman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Re: Real EV data.
        by "Rich Rudman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: 9" motor mount for 1980 Rabbit.
        by ROBERT RICE <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Make an Aluminium Flywheel
        by "Don Cameron" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: 2 strings and an EMeter
        by Richard Bebbington <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Re: What charger to use?
        by "Michaela Merz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Zilla cooling.
The BC3300 has had some history of failing if used under 110V. And yes, it's
slower too. I'd recommend bringing over a 220V service.
Jacob Harris

> From: Rex Allison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 10:45:57 -0700 (PDT)
> To: <ev@listproc.sjsu.edu>
> Subject: Solectria Charger Question
>
> I have a question about the Solectria Charger BC3300.
> The marking on the Solectria Force says 220VAC only
> but the charging cable has an adapter for 110VAC. My
> question is if it is a universal input, does it hurt
> (shorten the life of) the charger or the batteries to
> use 110VAC for charging all the time or is it just
> slower. It is easier for me to access 110VAC outside
> than it is to find 220VAC.
> Thank you,
> Rex Allison

HunnH?

Just plug it in and tune the voltage.  That simple.
The complete saftey check out is only needed when you think you hurt it.

It's a non isolated charger... no transformer. Less losses and a MUCH wider
voltage range.

The timer is so it shuts off.

The Zivan is a single voltage product. Get one for each voltage you need.
PFC chargers can be used on all voltage EVs from 12 volts to 450.  So yes
you have to adjust them for each appliaction.

ONE if you can't deal with a voltage meter on your EV and read the voltage
as you are tuning the charger...maybe you need to stick to plug and play
chargers.

Two....a jewlers screw driver and a DVM and about 30 seconds of time... is
cheap compared to 2 complete chargers.

And I am going to have Joe NUKE The instructions that take you all through
the "Precharge" nightmare, it's totally over kill safety.

You will find that Zivan Plug and play chargers work just that way. Life is
good until the battery string dies early and you have no clue why.
All packs need some adjustments for age and weather changes. Assuming all
the varibles are engineered out is rather foolish.

Also the reason you are looking for a new charger is one primary reason I am
in business. Zivans fail often and have a rather limited feature set.

Rich Rudman
Manzanita Micro