  1) Re: We got the Sunrise !!!
  2) Re: We got the Sunrise !!!
        by <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Ev state of charge display?
        by Tom Watson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: White Zombie Electrifies PIR ...12.424 @ 103.57 mph!
        by toltec <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: Advice on getting motorcycle glider for an EV
        by Mark Dodrill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) RE: We got the Sunrise !!!
        by "Don Cameron" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: Which Nedra class? Last posting
        by "David Chapman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: Wife's EV questions?
        by "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Tech question (was, unfortuantely: Asking for witnesses)
        by "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Re: Wife's EV questions?
        by "Roland Wiench" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) source for drive belts?
        by toltec <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: We got the Sunrise !!!
        by Shawn Rutledge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) A new Sunrise on eBay
        by "Noel P. Luneau" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) RE: Advice on getting motocycle glider for an EV
        by "Dewey, Jody R ATC (CVN75 IM3)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: Ev state of charge display?
        by "Tim Stephenson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) battery explosion
        by "ohnojoe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: battery explosion
        by Bob Bath <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: We got the Sunrise !!!
        by "Dave" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: Which Nedra class? Last posting
        by "Roderick Wilde" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message --- PS, we just barely beat Zap from getting it most likely from the bid name.

Thank goodness. Wish the best for the project. Lawrence Rhodes.....
out of lurc mode.... . Wow !fabulous! congrats! best news! made my day!
yippie!!!great.great, great!!!
Andrew Delano

hi people
I have been thinking about this for a while after
seeing all the posts on yhe problems with metering the
state of charge of a ev battery pack.

I wonder if, other than the added cost, if a 1/4 split
battery pack might give a more secure feeling to the
driver... arrange your pack into say... 4 30ah packs
(I know ... smaller batteries and more connections)
and have a shifter and display indicating full charge
for each which switches off when used up to 80%
discharge ... then shift to the next... you'd end up
with 3 rested packs to allow a small reserve capicity.

any of you have any thoughts on this scheme? am I
completely out to lunch?

Tom

> [...]
7th run, exactly 0:00 am....As a tribute to the electric car's great night, the track allowed us the final run of the night. Tim pulled off a 12.575 @ 104.85 mph...just .15 seconds away from 105 mph! This was the fastest trap speed ever for White Zombie.

AWESOME!!!

I'm not too particular on the style, just something comfortable to ride.
 Up here in the Seattle area, "flat is not where it's at"--hills are
everywhere. I can either go on the freeway or the backroads to get to/from
work. Getting a vehicle to run at freeway speeds for 10 miles with up and
down isn't feasible for what I can do. The backroads are definately more
hilly, but most are 25-30 mph, so the power requirements are much smaller.
Eventually, I want to have a motor and controller that will do regen, to
take advantage of this, but not in the first version.
 Thanks for the data point on your range with Yellow Tops -- that's helpful
to me. To what level of discharge is 16 miles on your batteries? Do you have
data on your actual kilowatt hours of discharge to go that 16 miles? Seems
like you would have a very good situation, being on mostly flat terrain.

Mark
 On 9/25/05, mreish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >goal is to have a daily commuter (13 miles each way, may be able to
> charge
> >at work) that I would probably ride only in good weather, floodeds or
> AGMs
> >probably, must go 40mph (freeway capable nice but not required), 48-72
> volts
>
> Damon's post carries a lot of good advice.
>
> Do you want a cruiser, a standard or a sportbike? 13 miles each way
> is doable. I have Optima Yellow Tops - D34 - that give me a range of
> about 16 miles at 48v on pretty flat terrain.
>
> --
> The Electric Motorcycle Portal
> http://www.electricmotorcycles.net/

Fantastic - great job Jerry, Lee, Bob and Keith!

Victoria, BC, Canada

See the New Beetle EV Conversion Web Site at
www.cameronsoftware.com/ev/