  1) Re: Is it really okay to expose motor to the "elements"
        by "Roland Wiench" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: Is it really okay to expose motor to the "elements"
        by Jim Coate <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) In the news on Lithium-Ion
        by "Jeff Wilson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: battery explosion, terminal connections
        by Neon John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: Blew up Diode bridge.
        by "Michael A. Radtke" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Torque, top end without trans,   Freedom EV,  RE: building from scratch
        by jerry dycus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Motor Close Call (I hope)
        by "Bill Dennis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: Motor Close Call (I hope)
        by <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: Newbie question.....
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) fast charger
        by Evan Tuer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Production Ford Ranger EV support group
        by Mark Farver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Cloud EV Help Wanted
        by "Roy LeMeur" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: Production Ford Ranger EV support group
        by Bruce Weisenberger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Supply
        by mike golub <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) RE: Newbie question..... - efficiency and losses
        by "Mark Fowler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) RE: fast charger
        by "Sharon Hoopes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) RE: Supply
        by "Roger Stockton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) RE: Supply
        by mike golub <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: Combining Fiberglass and Steel (was Re: Designing for safety)
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) RE: Supply
        by "Roger Stockton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Re: fast charger
        by "Joe Smalley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) Re: Combining Fiberglass and Steel (was Re: Designing for safety)
        by "Roland Wiench" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) Help with my Link 10 (phantom regen!)
        by "Adams, Lynn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 24) Combining Fiberglass and Steel (was Re: Designing for safety)
        by "David C. Navas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 25) RE: Help with my Link 10 (phantom regen!)
        by "Roger Stockton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 26) Re: Motor Close Call (I hope)
        by Jim Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 27) RE: Supply
        by "Phil Marino" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
One thing I forgot to include in my last email about protecting the motor by
skirting the inner fender walls with a rubber zip off covering, is that also
include a large fiberglass skid plate that is fasten just below the frame cross
member.

This plate covers the area from the existing radiator cross member back to the
bell housing of the motor.

Also, install the motor controller on a chassic plate that is on supports
extended about 6 inches in from the edges of the hood.  I install mind
extending 10 inches from the firewall which is just over the motor.  Its in a
plastic Nema 12 enclosure that also is under pressure with a filter 150 CFM
blower fan  and exits through a screen grill.

Hoods on cars are at times, not gasket like a trunk of a car. So I order a
gasket with the right shape from J.C. Whitney that looks like it was made for
it.  Use a 3-M double face tape, the same type that is used to put on side
moldings on the car for installing the weather striping.  I find that this
holds the best. Wiped the contact areas with alcohol before attaching.

If you have areas in the hood, that could leak water in,  install a stainless
steel shield over the top of these units with a slight slope so water will run
off in the direction you want.  I install a pinch type edge guard on all these
stainless shields, that you can also get from J.C. Whitney.