  1) Re: Regen Theory on SepEx
        by "Mark Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: Lawless Industries "Zero" Mower to take on world's best at
Internatioanl Lawn, Garden, & Power Equipment Expo next week
        by "Bob Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: "ZERO" Electric Mower website back up
        by "STEVE CLUNN" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: 180 V Circuit Breaker
        by "Andre' Blanchard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: Bracket Racing White Zombie to a 12.151 @ 106.25 mph World Record!
        by John Wayland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) RE: Bracket Racing White Zombie to a 12.151 @ 106.25 mph World Re cord!
        by Tim Humphrey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) RE: Crimp versus solder (was: Cable Crimping Tools)
        by Cor van de Water <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Electric Insight ??
        by Steven Lough <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: Electric Insight ??
        by Evan Tuer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) RE: TS Undervoltage Detection
        by "Bill Dennis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: DC to DC
        by Neon John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: "ZERO" Electric Mower website back up
        by Gordon Niessen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: DC to DC
        by "Philippe Borges" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Re: Ovonic NiMH battery is available
        by Edward Ang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) RE: Ovonic NiMH battery is available
        by "Bill Dennis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) RE: Battery Equaliser
        by "Paschke, Stephen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: DC to DC
 18) RE: Simple Diagnostic Circuit
        by "Bill Dennis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: DC to DC
        by Eric Poulsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Re: Ovonic NiMH battery is available
        by Eric Poulsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Re: DC to DC
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) Force A/C was Re: Suggestions on new Force
        by "David Chapman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) Should I be concerned?
        by kluge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 24) Ev conversion wiki needs attention
        by Robert Baertsch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 25) Electronics 101 question
        by Dave Cover <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 26) Re: Ovonic NiMH battery is available
        by "Philippe Borges" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
Hi Rod,
Thanks, that's a good article.  I don't think I have upper regen fet's
though, in looking at GE's similar schematics. I saw them on the fork lift
regen controls but not on the golf cart/NEV regen controls, I think because
of the higher speeds of golf cart's/NEV's.  I think the arm is tied
conventionally to a lower chopper Fet, upper to Batt +72V and the motor
regens through the lower fet body diode when the field strength is
increased.  (The only way to know if I have regen fet's I suppose is to take
the control apart, as I don't see any change of the waveform as regen
occurs).  The field is fairly low at 3.2 ohms which leads me to believe that
natural regen can occur at low speeds since the motor shunt field is PWM'd
and never operated full on.  The field PWM starts off at about a 20% duty
cycle in normal operation and during regen increases to 50% while the arm
pwm is decreasing pulse width.  I think this field would probably fry if
connected directly to the battery, so it's like, say a 10V field being PWM'd
to operate at 72V so when regen is needed, there's plenty of field current
increase available to make the armature try to produce more than 72V even at
low rpm's *without* extra regen fets.  Sounds like a cheap elegant design
but never directly connect the field to the battery or a crispy field will
result.  ArmVoltage = FieldCurrent x Speed .  My guess is if I were to
directly connect the field to the battery (72V/3.2ohms=22.5A ) I'd probably
go through the windshield.  Hmmm an experiment for tonight.
Thanks, Mark