  2) Re: 1980 Rabbit vacuum or not?
        by Bob Bath <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: Pot Box?
        by Bob Bath <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: Introduction
        by Bob Bath <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Curtis Sepex Regen Tweak
        by "Mark Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Suspension/Alignment Adjustment (RE: Challenging Drive)
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) White Zombie to Attempt the 11's this Friday Night!
        by John Wayland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Battery monitoring
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: White Zombie to Attempt the 11's this Friday Night!
        by Mike Ellis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Re: Pot Box?
        by "STEVE CLUNN" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: rotary engine for generator
        by William Brinsmead <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: rotary engine for generator, trains an' Stuff
        by "Bob Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Bulletin!
        by <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) rotary engine for generator/2 stoke diesel
        by Reverend Gadget <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: rotary engine for generator
        by "Jaroslaw \"Jaros\" Berezowski" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re: rotary engine for generator
        by "Jaroslaw \"Jaros\" Berezowski" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: rotary engine for generator, trains an' Stuff
        by "Andre' Blanchard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: rotary engine for generator
        by Evan Tuer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: DC to DC **PLEASE CLOSE THREAD**
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 20) Re: rotary engine for generator
        by Evan Tuer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Re: rotary engine for generator
        by Danny Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) RE: Pot Box?
        by "gail donaldson lucas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) 1 to 5W  ISOLATED DC to DC @ $15
        by "Adrian DeLeon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 24) Re: rotary engine for generator, trains an' Stuff
        by "Bob Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 25) CURTIS 1231C MOTOR CONTROLLER 72-120V 550 AMPS on e-bay
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
--- Begin Message --- I wonder if anyone has converted a 1980 Rabbit and not had to use a brake vacuum booster. Can it be retrofit to just plain hydrolics????? I think this was the era when vacuum brakes were just coming in strong. Just a few years earlier most cars didn't use it. My 72 1200 didn't. My 1980 Courier doesn't. Can it be modified? In other words lose the vacuum pump.
Lawrence Rhodes
Bassoon/Contrabassoon
Reedmaker
Book 4/5 doubler
Electric Vehicle & Solar Power Advocate
415-821-3519
Due to a faulty relay, I used the 1981 VoltsRabbit w/o
power brakes.  It took quite a bit of muscle, but was
do-able.
I wanted the wife to accept it, and to be safe in all
situations, so I repaired the relay.
peace,

--- Lawrence Rhodes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I wonder if anyone has converted a 1980 Rabbit and
> not had to use a brake
> vacuum booster.  Can it be retrofit to just plain
> hydrolics?????  I think
> this was the era when vacuum brakes were just coming
> in strong.  Just a few
> years earlier most cars didn't use it.  My 72 1200
> didn't.  My 1980 Courier
> doesn't.  Can it be modified?  In other words lose
> the vacuum pump.
> Lawrence Rhodes
> Bassoon/Contrabassoon
> Reedmaker
> Book 4/5 doubler
> Electric Vehicle & Solar Power Advocate
> 415-821-3519
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

'92 Honda Civic sedan, 144V (video or DVD available)!
www.budget.net/~bbath/CivicWithACord.html
                          ____
                     __/__|__\ __
  =D-------/    -  -         \
                     'O'-----'O'-'
Would you still drive your car if the tailpipe came out of the steering wheel?
Are you saving any gas for your kids?

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

I'm coming in on this one late, but depending on how
your car is wired, it could be the microswitch, or a
relay going bad.  They arc, and develop pitting after
a long time, if not protected by a diode.

--- Jimmy Argon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Catherine,
> You may want to check your main contactor and see if
> it has been arcing (more that usual) and has a buld
> up
> of carbon.  What controller do you have?
> Jimmy
>
> --- "Catherine C. Burgard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > I've got trouble again.  When I step on the
> > accelerator sometimes it doesn't engage anything.
> > It can be totally cold or happen at a stop light
> > after driving awhile.  Also driving along it just
> > disengaged from acceleration, nothing at the
> pedal,
> > but the batteries are fine. Does anyone know if
> the
> > pot box could be bad or going bad, and if it was
> > would it cause that sort of problem.
> > Catherine
> > '80 Commuta Car
> >

> > ---------------------------------
> >  Yahoo! Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million
> > songs. Try it free.

'92 Honda Civic sedan, 144V (video or DVD available)!
www.budget.net/~bbath/CivicWithACord.html
                          ____
                     __/__|__\ __
  =D-------/    -  -         \
                     'O'-----'O'-'
Would you still drive your car if the tailpipe came out of the steering wheel?
Are you saving any gas for your kids?

__________________________________
Yahoo! Music Unlimited
http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/

You melted the post likely from climbing a hill in
3rd.  Too many batt. amps.
Try climbing in 2nd.  Keep the RPMs up, and the amps
down. PS: You can get a new post melted on for $7 from
most battery places.

A schematic for the car is going to be close to what's
in "Convert It".  Suggest you get a copy.  You'll be
able to trace stuff.

As far as meters, you must be able to find the most
positive and most negative battery.  They will go to
the controller and motor.  Buy a voltmeter.  True RMS
is best, as you'll be able to accurately know what's
going on during charge.

You didn't tell us your pack voltage (# batteries x
voltage per battery).  Without that, we can't tell you
how high to set your charger.  (;-p
blessings and peace to you as you tread lightly on
Creation.
Collegially,

--- Calvin King <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
> it looks like
> that maybe turn out to be along.
> I did bid on the E10 but decided to stop at $6100, I
> thought the risk
> for a newbie was getting too great.
> If someone on the list bought it, I would be
> interested in hearing
> how it turns out.
> Now the Intro:
> I live in a small town in south GA, Leesburg.  I am
> a pastor which is
> another reason i stopped bidding as I began to doubt
> how much time
> might be required to get it running again.  Like any
> other interest,
> my interest in electrics has to be secondary to the
> rest of my life.
> People come first and always will.
> A few weeks back I purchased a '81 Jet Electrica.
> It uses a Lynx
> sled.  it is a 96V system using 16 -  6 volt Trojans
> (5, T605's and
> 11, T105's)
> It has a Curtis controller which I assume it is the
> original.  Its
> tag says...
> Voltage 72 - 120  Model 1221-7401  serial # 145 883
>   current 400.
> It has a K&W charger model BC20.  After a frantic
> email to a name I
> found on the internet i was told how to track the
> problem and advised
> to join this list.
> It turned out that I had a battery post melt.
> Bypassed the battery
> and drove home.  I have since replaced the battery
> with a used one
> and double checked all the battery connections.
> Since then the car has worked well.
> Now the problems.  The meters are not connected and
> I have yet to
> figure out how to trace the disconnect and
> reconnect.  The person I
> bought the car from did not know any thing about
> maintaining and
> repairing.  Not having the meter to read the level
> of discharge is
> why I have not tested the car driving limits.
> Next issue is the charger.  No paper work, so no
> instructions on most
> efficient operation.  There are two ways to adjust
> the charger but
> without some instructions, I don't know what and how
> to do so I leave
> it as it is.
> That is enough for an introduction.  I will return
> to lurking and
> learning.  I will appreciate an information and
> advice that any care
> to give.
> Calvin King

'92 Honda Civic sedan, 144V (video or DVD available)!
www.budget.net/~bbath/CivicWithACord.html
                          ____
                     __/__|__\ __
  =D-------/    -  -         \
                     'O'-----'O'-'
Would you still drive your car if the tailpipe came out of the steering wheel?

Howdy,

I would like to disable the regen on the accelerator peddle that automatically
occurs when I release my foot off the peddle.  It also makes the motor hot and
I don't think is as efficient as coasting.  I want to leave the brake peddle
regen though.  It's a Curtis Model 1509-0202, 72V,300A serial 8132 1306, part
no. 2088 for Bombardier 99' nev. The motor is a "Electric Vehicle Power
Systems" I guess not ADC from Syracuse, NY 7" diam, 12" long model CB7 4002
serial 147 made 9/4/97.  Does anyone know how to disable the accel-release
accelerator peddle regen?

  I was thinking of adding a bias pot to the wiper of the accel peddle and
tweaking it till it stopped regen, but it seams like it's either motoring or
regen, either pushing or pulling, no in between.

Thanks, Mark

Well said Don Cameron. I have Fred Phun's book, (it was recommended to
me by someone who actually has his car in it!) It is a great book.
I would like to add one thing about the bump steer that we need to
consider because conversions sometimes end up changing the ride height.
That bump steer curve looks kinda like a zener diode graph, it has a
nice section near the middle of the travel where changes are small, when
it gets closer to either end the changes get quicker and variable. A car
like that is "twitchy".

The other fun part is if the toe-in is insuffient to overcome the toe
out tendancy during a heavy brakeing. As it passes from toe-in to toe
out it wanders on it's own. The worst place to have the toe on a soft
suspension is at zero or very close to zero, the wandering during
brakeing can take two hands.

Changing bushings to allow tighter suspension settings will help
tremendously.
I was autocrossing a beast, a mitsubishi PU. I had lowered it and it was
all over the place, It turned out that the pivot points of the steering
linkagaes no longer lined up with the suspension pivots and a this had
the same effect to the driver as bump steer. The teltale of this was
that once lowered the steering wheel no longer was straight when I was
headed straight.

I found I could make the little mitsubishi feel like a cadilac with
power steering, a dump truck without,or a little european sports car.
Amazing, BUY THE BOOK!!

The weather isn't cooperating very much with us right now :-( The forecasters can't pin down when this cold front with wind and rain is blowing in exactly...they'll only say late on Friday. Until it arrives though, it's supposed to be sunny and hit 70 today. We're still planning on hitting the track today and hopefully, can make runs before we get rained out.

Mike Ellis wrote:

I just want to thank you, John and Tim, for your efforts and your accounts
of your nights at the strip.
And thank you, for the kudos...it's very much appreciated! I sometimes worry about posting about White Zombie too often, but I can't help but share the good things that have been going on at the track nearly every time we've raced...OK, there 'was' that night where we only got one run in and I stupidly locked us out of our base camp - charging station service truck! Quite frankly, it's helped me along the way, too, as many of the EVDL listites have made good observations and have given back good suggestions.

I get a real thrill reading them....

Again, thank you. It's nice to know I haven't bored everyone yet :-)

and I am
always showing the videos of your races to my coworkers.
Yes, that's what I want to hear! Spread the EV word, show folks they can be fun as well as practical. I'd love to hear your account of their reactions to what you've shown them.

Good luck this weekend!
Thanks. Saturday is now out as an option, as the PIR track will be reconfigured for a big road racing event, and that, might get rained out. Friday has rain predicted, but the cold weather front is not supposed to come in until later in the evening. Tim and I 'should' be off work a few hours earlier than normal. If the track opens at 5:00 pm, we'll be there in line to get in on time. For now, it's still sunny and warm (for October in Oregon).

Call for video cams......anybody in the Portland metro area, please come cheer Tim on and perhaps capture with video, a street legal electric door slammer passing through the 1/4 mile for the first time ever, in a sub-12, high 11second run! I've got a camcorder for someone to run as well....I suck at operating a camcorder, and I am too busy doing PR and charging duties to have a camcorder stuck to my head. We're hoping to have one of my Mac's in the car to log data from every run as well. The tach drive sensor still needs to be finished. If we get it all hooked up in time, Mark Farver will be called on to post those killer graphs he's done...Mark?

See Ya (Friday at PIR)....John 'Plasma Boy' Wayland

http://www.plasmaboyracing.com

I just ran accross this little widget and thouht it may be of use, I
haven't looked into it, it is probably just a level converter in a case.

http://www.dashmatics.com/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=58

I am considering going this route for audio and ancillary displays in my
EV.
http://www.dashwerks.com/dw_dssc.php
The interesting part is if you look at "the wares" you'll find some
interesting interfaceing hardware with software for both linux and windows.

On 10/14/05, John Wayland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> And thank you, for the kudos...it's very much appreciated! I sometimes

Again, thank you. It's nice to know I haven't bored everyone yet :-)

> > and I am
> >always showing the videos of your races to my coworkers.
> >

> Yes, that's what I want to hear! Spread the EV word, show folks they can
> be fun as well as practical. I'd love to hear your account of their
> reactions to what you've shown them.

 Actually, I have been toying with the idea of posting an entry at
www.digg.com <http://www.digg.com> with a link to your site (actually, I
already did in a comment on another story, but this would hopefully make the
front page). Previous posts regarding high performance hybrids have been
quite popular there. However, digg has become very popular and can produce a
"slashdot effect" which can bankrupt someone with bandwidth charges. Let me
know if you would like me to do so.
 Thanks again and good luck,
 -Mike

visit my website at www.reverendgadget.com

reb napisał(a):
7000rpm wankel engine ?
if it sounds anything like the microlight rotary engines you are going to need
a really big silencer if you want to use it as a generator in a car !
nice power to weight in these little rotary motors and pretty reliable now -
but the noise is always the problem
you could always tell people your car is a new trabant model
That's the reason I'd prefer something like that Delphi's 5kW SOFC APU. I do hope they will finally commercialize it.

--
Jaroslaw "Jaros" Berezowski

reb napisał(a):
7000rpm wankel engine ?
if it sounds anything like the microlight rotary engines you are going to need
a really big silencer if you want to use it as a generator in a car !
nice power to weight in these little rotary motors and pretty reliable now -
but the noise is always the problem
you could always tell people your car is a new trabant model
And that's the reason I'd prefer something like that Delphi's 5kW SOFC APU. I do hope they will finally commercialize it.

--
Jaroslaw "Jaros" Berezowski

Bob, I just love it when you get going on some RR history.
Its like you can't stop until you get to the next siding, or you get bumped from behind.:)
Great stuff.

__________
Andre' B. Clear Lake, Wi.
On 10/14/05, Jaroslaw Jaros Berezowski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > nice power to weight in these little rotary motors and pretty reliable now
> > - but the noise is always the problem
> > you could always tell people your car is a new trabant model
> That's the reason I'd prefer something like that Delphi's 5kW SOFC APU.
> I do hope they will finally commercialize it.

Yes, I'd like one of those too :)

I wholeheartedly agree with this post.
There are others on the list way more abrasive and inflamatory.
Surely we all cant all be so fragile that a differing opinion ties our panties
in a knot...