  1) Re: Calling on Ford Ranger EV owers and experienced personel.(long)
  2) Re: K&W BC-20 Opperation
  3) Re: Ampabout ... Outsourcing, limbo, award
        by bruce parmenter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) PFC-30 Wanted
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  5) Re: Liquid cooling package now available
        by Evan Tuer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: Liquid cooling package now available
        by "Joe Strubhar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) young engineer in need of experience
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  8) Re: Possible Conversion
        by Jimmy Argon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: Liquid cooling package now available
        by "Christopher Robison" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Turn Signals
        by Ross Henderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: Pot Box?
        by "STEVE CLUNN" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Those Allbright contactors
        by "STEVE CLUNN" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) RE: Turn Signals
        by "Don Cameron" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Re: Liquid cooling package now available
        by "Philippe Borges" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: Ovonic NiMH battery is available
        by Shyam Gopal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) FW: CALSTART's Conference in LA Dec. 1st
        by Marvin Campbell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) CALSTART's Conference in LA Dec. 1st/EV FlashMob Anybody?
        by Marvin Campbell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) FW: CALSTART's Conference in LA Dec. 1st
        by Marvin Campbell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Batteries from China
        by Jimmy Argon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Re: FW: CALSTART's Conference in LA Dec. 1st
        by keith vansickle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message --- These vehicles are sown up tight. Experts like Ed Thorpe can't EVen get in and put a multimeter to a battery to find out what the charging routine is like. It is possible some of the batteries are still good. There is an outfit in Sacramento that has Ford's blessing and technical help to rebuild packs. Cost is about 4500 dollars. I think they are called Battery MD. If you dispose of the batteries I'd like a crack at them I have used them with some success. I have revived a few but right now my current pack is sagging badly. I need to do something if I want to keep driving. Lawrence Rhodes..... ----- Original Message ----- From: "Bruce Weisenberger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
From: "John Boesel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 11:19:04 -0700
To: "Marvin Campbell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "Matt Peak" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: CALSTART's Conference in LA Dec. 1st

Marvin,

CALSTART is supportive of all fuels and technologies that will improve
air quality, reduce dependence on oil, prevent global warming, and
create jobs.  We fully believe there is a strong role for both EVs and
PHEVs in helping us achieve our mission.

Relative to our one-day conference on December 1, if that's what you're
referring to, it's impossible to adequately cover all of the
technologies and fuels that will help achieve those goals in California.
Thus, we're probably going to stay away from any specific presentations
on any single technology or fuel.  Instead, we're developing an agenda
that will focus on the actions necessary for all of the emerging fuels
and technologies to be adopted and for California to move toward a more
secure and environmentally friendly transportation energy future.

I'm glad you'll be coming to the conference.

John

PS: I've received three emails similar to yours. It strikes me that this
effort is trying to convince CALSTART of something we already believe
in.

From: Marvin Campbell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 13:57:07 -0700
To: John Boesel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi John:

Thanks so much for your reply.

I believe we're on the same page here, but some on the BEV-bandwagon have
felt slighted in the past by what many perceive as active exclusion of BEVs
in favor of HFCVs on the state level.

Don't get me wrong. I love the idea of the H economy, however, to exclude
any proven time-honored technology (BEV or otherwise) in favor of another,
more politically expedient and fashionable one (i.e., "the hydrogen
highway") is short-sighted.

Particularly when the more fashionable technology happens to use four times
more energy, derives it's fuel from petroleum, and, as an extra bonus, it's
not even available to the end user, and probably won't be for another
decade.

We both know it's not going to be one magic bullet that rights all our
wrongs, but a variety of different technologies and alternative fuels.

It's unfortunate that one of those technologies, the hydrogen fuel-cell, has
been put forth by many on the state level, as well as in the manufacturing
sector, as that magic bullet. But of course, like so many other magic
bullets, it's never available today, but will be available at some
indefinite point in the future.

As it wastes energy and presently derives it's fuel from oil or coal, I
believe the HFCV should not be as high on the state's list of priorities as
it is, if in fact we are trying to, "move toward a more secure and
environmentally friendly transportation energy future".

So why don't we concentrate instead on proven technology which is available
today, instead of relying on promises of future technological breakthroughs
brought to you by the same people who insist battery technology "just isn't
here yet", years after we have a BEV that can go 250 miles per charge? (see
the LiIon TZero at www.acpropulsion.com)

Like I mentioned in my previous note, we have been driving BEVs charged with
solar panels for three years. Emissions free, oil free, and easily built
with readily available over-the-counter parts...today.

Please don't allow your policy making decisions to be swayed by those whose
profit margins rely on how much energy we can waste, or by those who seek to
obfuscate the facts with smoke and mirrors in order to continue conducting
business as usual. Is it really any wonder the biggest backers of the
"hydrogen economy" are the energy/oil companies and the automakers?

BTW, my favorite vehicle remains the bicycle- the most efficient vehicle by
far. Any plans in the works for improved bike-lanes?:^O

Thanks Again,

Marv

"As far as I know, no one who is technically literate is an
enthusiastic supporter of fuel-cell-powered vehicles."
-Donald R. Sadoway
Professor of materials engineering and faculty fellow at the
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and a nationally recognized
battery expert.

"I doubt I will ever see a hydrogen car for personal consumption in a
showroom. I said this years ago and see no reason to change my mind:
The family-owned, garaged vehicle is the last vehicle that's going to
get a fuel cell. "
-Geoffrey Ballard

"Hydrogen cars are a poor short-term strategy, and it's not even clear
that they are a good idea in the long term."
-Alexander Farrell,
Assistant professor of energy and resources at the University of
California, Berkeley.

on 10.16.05 11:19 AM, John Boesel at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Marvin,
>
> CALSTART is supportive of all fuels and technologies that will improve
> air quality, reduce dependence on oil, prevent global warming, and
> create jobs.  We fully believe there is a strong role for both EVs and
> PHEVs in helping us achieve our mission.
>
> Relative to our one-day conference on December 1, if that's what you're
> referring to, it's impossible to adequately cover all of the
> technologies and fuels that will help achieve those goals in California.
> Thus, we're probably going to stay away from any specific presentations
> on any single technology or fuel.  Instead, we're developing an agenda
> that will focus on the actions necessary for all of the emerging fuels
> and technologies to be adopted and for California to move toward a more
> secure and environmentally friendly transportation energy future.
>
> I'm glad you'll be coming to the conference.
>
> John
>
> PS: I've received three emails similar to yours. It strikes me that this
> effort is trying to convince CALSTART of something we already believe
> in.

Does anyone know anything about this company or their
products?

http://www.chiway-battery.com

Jimmy

do we have to sign up and/or pay a fee to go to this
conference..f so do you know where we sign up and what
the requisites for participation might be...???