  1) Re: 3-4 Seconds Behind 'best of class gas cars'?
        by Eric Poulsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: Zilla standby current
        by Ryan Bohm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) ANSI keyway to tranny shaft converter
        by kluge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: Zilla standby current
        by Eric Poulsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Still wondering about the Zilla HEPI input...
        by Eric Poulsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) RE: ANSI keyway to tranny shaft converter
        by "Dewey, Jody R ATC (CVN75 IM3)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: ANSI keyway to tranny shaft converter
        by "Paul G." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: Geo Metro series hybrid/solar project
  9) Re: OT: Is this nonsense?
 10) Re: Geo Metro series hybrid/solar project
        by Chris Martens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: Prius pack on eBay
        by James Massey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: ANSI keyway to tranny shaft converter
        by Chris Martens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: Prius pack on eBay
        by Ralph Merwin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Indian summer in MD
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 15) Re: OT: Is this nonsense?
        by Danny Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re: Performance cars, speed+ acceleration
        by "John Westlund" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: It's an Electric Thing, you wouldn't understand....
        by Jon Glauser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) 220/240 Volt Kill-A-Watt Meter
        by Mike Chancey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: Global EV map is growing
        by Jim Coate <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) RE: 220/240 Volt Kill-A-Watt Meter
        by "Dean Thompson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) RE: 220/240 Volt Kill-A-Watt Meter
        by Cor van de Water <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) Re: OT: Is this nonsense?
        by "Paul G." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) Re: It's an Electric Thing, you wouldn't understand....
        by John David <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 24) Re: Still wondering about the Zilla HEPI input...
        by Otmar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 25) Re: OT: Is this nonsense?
 26) Help reviewing wikipedia Conversion Article.
        by Lightning Ryan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 27) Re: 220/240 Volt Kill-A-Watt Meter
 28) Re: 220/240 Volt Kill-A-Watt Meter
        by Rush <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 29) Potential source for heavy duty motors
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 30) 1997 Chevy S10 For Sale with tons of EV parts
        by Cwarman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 31) RE: Modifying an E-tek motor
        by "Myles Twete" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 32) newbie
        by Stan Helton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 33) Re: 220/240 Volt Kill-A-Watt Meter
        by "David Roden" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message --- Sounds like what you're saying is that WZ is well above the "hump" in the bell curve -- only the most excessively modified gas vehicles can beat it, and that if you compare on a cost/performance basis, that you're getting pretty good bang for the buck.

John Wayland wrote:
Hello to All,

*snip*

Hi EVeryone,

Does anyone know the Zilla "standby" current? That is, how
> much current is drawn through the hairball pin #2 (SLI +14V In)?

The figure 20ma rings a (vague) bell. I'll double-check later on unless someone else pipes up.

Correction: just measured it as 68ma.

Cheers,
Claudio

I'm glad to see this jives with the published value in my Zilla FAQ:

http://www.evsource.com/faqs/zillas/current_draw.php

Everyone beat me to the draw on answering the post though. I ran for quite a while with the key input and +14V SLI wired together. Startup time was slightly higher, but it worked. Apparently, Otmar weeded out a bug that was causing occaisonal memory corruption problems with things wired this way.
-Ryan
--
- EV Source <http://www.evsource.com> -
Selling names like Zilla, PFC Chargers, WarP, and PowerCheq

Chris - what size are the shafts you're working with (diameter)?

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- Sounds like something that should be incorporated into the Zilla Manual, *cough*Otmar*cough* =)

Ryan Bohm wrote:
Hi EVeryone,

Does anyone know the Zilla "standby" current?  That is, how
> much current is drawn through the hairball pin #2 (SLI +14V In)?

The figure 20ma rings a (vague) bell. I'll double-check later on unless someone else pipes up.

Correction: just measured it as 68ma.

Cheers,
Claudio

I'm glad to see this jives with the published value in my Zilla FAQ:

http://www.evsource.com/faqs/zillas/current_draw.php

Everyone beat me to the draw on answering the post though. I ran for quite a while with the key input and +14V SLI wired together. Startup time was slightly higher, but it worked. Apparently, Otmar weeded out a bug that was causing occaisonal memory corruption problems with things wired this way.
-Ryan

I can't seem to find a satisfactory answer to this question:

Is the Zilla HEPI input compatible with the twist-grip hall effect throttles? These throttles appear to take +5 V and output a voltage porportional to the throtttle position, simulating a potentiometer.

See: http://www.users.bigpond.com/solarbbq/throttle/throttle%20how%20they%20work.htm

Standard Zilla setup is Curtis style -- that is, to use the potentiometer as a rheostat (2 wires).

Only inkling I get from the manual is that the HEPI inputs are (were?) called "Aux Pot +" and "Aux Pot -", which tends to imply a rheostat-like function, though the manual mentions that 4 wires are connected to the hairball, not the two implied by the pinout chart in the manual.
You don't want ANY misalignment when you are dealing in hundreds of foot
pounds of torque anyways.  If you are worried about alignment issues then
maybe your option is to use a U joint modified to fit your motor on one end.
I bet Borgeson U joints could make one for you.  Have you checked into the
clutchless setups offered by Electromotive?