  1) Re: regulation current was:Some problems to solve
        by "Chris Brune" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Wish I could get this GT40-EV
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  3) dynasty agm
        by DM3 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) S.O.C Meter was RE: Breaking in New Batteries
        by Mike & Paula Willmon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: Lithium Ion Polymer Batteries
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: Wish I could get this GT40-EV
        by Joel Hacker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: Wish I could get this GT40-EV
        by Joel Hacker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: Wish I could get this GT40-EV
        by bruce bogusz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: S.O.C Meter was RE: Breaking in New Batteries
        by Joel Hacker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Re: S.O.C Meter was RE: Breaking in New Batteries
        by "Rush" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: Some problems to solve
        by "Joe Smalley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: Lithium Ion Polymer Batteries
        by jukka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) RE: Otmar's motor speed sensor
        by Mike & Paula Willmon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Re: Some problems to solve
        by "Joe Smalley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) RE: longest range?
        by Cor van de Water <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) EBEAA Rally this Saturday 4/22/06 10-4 in Pleasant Hill/Concord, CA
        by Ed Thorpe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) RE: Some problems to solve
        by Mike & Paula Willmon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: license for electric bike in washington state?? tell me it aint
        by "David Roden" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: EVers in Ohio
        by "David Roden" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Have been collecting range data, how about acceleration data
Hi Ryan,
It is true that the charger current can be higher than 0.4A, however it
won't take long before one battery will essentially be wanting to take very
close to 0 amps, and thus the charger will be close to the 0.4A level.  I've
seen this with the CV charging that I do, charge current quickly drops to
near zero.

Has anyone measured the actual current that can be bypassed by a Rudman
regulator continuously.  Manzanita Micro web site says 2A.  I don't see how
this is possible though.

Chris Brune

From: "Ryan Bohm" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >So if the battery is at 14.8V then the reg can bypass 0.4A
> >continuously.
> >
> That doesn't necessarily mean the charger has to throttle back to .4A.
> Shunting some of the current through the regulator instead of the
> battery can keep that battery at bay until the others catch up.  It does
> eventually hit a point where the battery is simply full, and it would
> have to shunt more current to keep the battery (AGM) from exceeding a
> safe voltage level.  If the others haven't caught up yet, then that's
> the time to signal the charger for it to cut back.
>
> -Ryan

Looks neat, needs a fixin' up:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4631992845

Does anyone have any experience with mr12-300s? I am considering a single
string of 144v.  I have never used AGMs and looking for a pack that can
dump 150 to 200 amps for 15 minutes.  I want to keep the vehicle as light
as possible.
Thanks in advance,
Jimmy

Has anyone built one of these in genious meters by Mark Brueggemann?  Looks
rather interesting to me and may try my hand at it (after I get my truck on
the road).
http://www.qsl.net/k5lxp/ev/evgauge/evgauge.html

Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 19:43:22 -0800
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <ev@listproc.sjsu.edu>
Subject: Another eBay EV find: Avenger in NY state

This project is begging for a dedicated EVista...how 'bout them wooden battery hold-downs (at least they're held down):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4623882670

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Looks neat, needs a fixin' up:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4631992845

Please check my previous email, but it looks like he
dropped it down from $8k to $6k  Mabye he dropped
the reserve price also...obviously, $4k wasn't high
enough to cut it last time :-)

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Looks neat, needs a fixin' up:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4631992845

It's been listed on ebay before. I think with a reserve which wasn't met if I
remember correctly.

  Bruce

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
  Looks neat, needs a fixin' up:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4631992845

countries) for 2ยข/min or less.

I think the link may be gone...I got google's cache of it at:

http://tinyurl.com/gm54j

Mike & Paula Willmon wrote:

[...]

Mike,

I thought about it and still might. I wrote to MJF and got the meter number  -
the new part number is: 400-0084A, $17.25 each plus $7 minimum s/h.  This is
the 3 inch cross-needle meter for 949e, 969, 989c antenna tuners and others.

If you build it, let us know the results.

Rush
Tucson AZ
www.ironandwood.org

Date: Saturday, April, 22, 2006
Time: 10 am to 4 pm.
Site: Diablo Valley College
      321 Golf Club Road, Pleasant Hill, CA
Purpose: Earth Day and public display/education/rides

Our Annual East Bay Rally in Pleasant Hill / Concord
is at hand - spring time and Earthdays. Hope we can
have a healthy turnout, even with the distance some of
the EVs need to be towed to participate. At the end of
the day/rally, we will award a prize for the first
person driving the loops to locate the homes with the
PV panels on them.

Great opportunity to expose the general public to the
virtues of EVs. We will be driving a circuit route
around the college, up and down hills, to demonstrate
the virtues of the EV. Those EVs which can carry
passengers provide wonderful opportunities to discuss
the EV mission to a captive audience.

Instead of the traditional distance rally, this year
we have a route which travels uphill and around the
college, to feature the performance of the EV.

Main focus this year is to display all types of EV:
Electric Scooters, Electric Bicycles, Electric Mopeds,
Electric Motorcycles, Electric Cars, Electric Trucks.
We'd like to see any type of EV, from homemade eBikes
to RAV4 EVs.

See you there.

http://www.ebeaa.org

Here's a good paper on Equalization here for those seeking independant
understanding.
http://power.ece.uiuc.edu/Balog/images/intelec02.pdf

All the Reference papers listed are pretty good too.  I think you can find
several of them in the open on the internet.  I know you can find Reference
(11) at:

http://www.powerdesigners.com/pdf/PowerCheq%20Paper%20-%20Motive%20Power.pdf
as well as this one by same author:
 http://www.powerdesigners.com/pdf/PowerCheq%20Paper%20-%20Stationary.pdf

I think the 3 most important observations are that:
1.) Keeping large (> 12 or so) series strings of batteries at very near the
same State of Charge (not necessarily voltage) will allow cycle life to
approacch that claimed by manufacturers for a single battery.

2.) Passive Equalization (as Lee states as ye Olde Brute Force method) is
less effective and takes much longer as the number of batteries in a string
becomes larger (ie > 12 or so)

3.)Active Equalization (by many and various means) decreases the time
required and the tolerance with which you can keep your batteries balanced.
The "many and various means" seem to be subjects of great debate by many
both on and off this list.

Enjoy