  1) Re: Three-wheel Go-cart
        by James Massey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: Any useful parts from generators?
        by James Massey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) EAA help with route 66 chargers from the ETlist.
  4) Re: Three-wheel Go-cart
  5) Kalifornia .... registering conversions
        by Reverend Gadget <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: Donor Car Recommendations for EV Conversion
  7) Re: Three-wheel Go-cart
        by Neon John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Joule Injected driver in White Zombie!
        by "Matthew D. Graham" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) RE: Front-Wheel or Rear-Wheel Drive
        by "Pool, Ryan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) RE: Three-wheel Go-cart
        by "Roger Stockton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: Three-wheel Go-cart
        by "Mark Grasser" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Walk Behind professional mowers?
        by Mark Hastings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) RE: Three-wheel Go-cart
        by "Roger Stockton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Re: Regen
        by "Michaela Merz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: single drive wheel for go cart?
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re: $67K for a RAV4 EV?!
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: Three-wheel Go-cart
        by "Mark Grasser" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) RE: single drive wheel for go cart?
        by "Vince Barma" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) TdS Report #40: Exhibitor Profile:  Miles ZX40
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 20) TdS Report #41: Photos - Miles Automotive ZX40
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 21) Re: EV Copyright Infringement running rampant
        by "Ted C." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) RE: Donor Car Recommendations for EV Conversion
        by Bob Bath <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
At 02:56 PM 18/05/06 -0700, you wrote:
Every go kart I've seen has a solid rear
axle, so while there is only a single driven sproket on the rear axle,
both rear wheels are driven.

This is why go kart driving technique involves leaning in the corners;
you want to unload one rear wheel so it can spin because both are driven
and there is no differential.

This is a good case for two steered wheels and one rear wheel to drive. I'm also thinking a single wheel in front won't handle as well as a single wheel in the back.

Why not do a go-cart with two half-size motors (or double the power), one to each wheel? Series/parallel shift for "gearchange", no skidding one wheel to be able to turn.

What's the problem with that?

[Technik] James
At 04:11 PM 18/05/06 -0500, you wrote:
I noticed one of these the other day:

http://www.kohlerpowersystems.com/onsite/onsite_diesel_all.html

Is that an 11" or 13" motor in that picture?

No, there is a Diesel ICE, a starter motor and an AC alternator.

I imagine these large generator motors are more common and plentiful
then large forklift motors?  Could these housings and armatures, ect,
be of use to us as a source of parts?

AC regen is about all that they could be useful for. Keep an eye out and you'll find a generator with a worn out or busted ICE that you can steal the alternator off. If it is a brushed type you can vary the regen by varying the field current, if it is an induction rotor you would have to control the output.

Hope this helps

[Technik] James

Message 1
   From: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   Date: Wed May 17, 2006 8:12pm(PDT)
Subject: 66 update from OK City

This part of the trip is much harder because Bruce Meland went back to Oregon and our videographer decided he got what he came for and opted out of the ride down the actual route... So I'm all by my lonesone... and frankly, I'm feeling a bit tired and lonely and running low on cash. The xB is good on gas, but not great, and in these wide open highways, it's hard to just stay cruising at 65... to conserve fuel. I'm figuring this trip, round trip from NY to LA will probably cost me around $1000 in gas alone, with all the side trips and the detours... which doesn't leave much for lodging along the way, for a two week trip.

I picked up ZAP as a sponsor, and now have their stickers on the side of the car. I'm finding good potential spots for rapid chargers along the way, leaving behind a little pep talk, copies of ET and the eTec charger white paper.

The general concensus is that these people who own all these great businesses along 66 are all for it, the line I get most often is: "We need to do something!" But somebody has to pay for it. One charger here and there will not a theme park ride make. We have to find a way to sell 30 chargers minimum along the route. That's the job of the EAA to merge with the Route 66 Preservation Corridor organization and either lobby Congress for the money, or find some www.TED.com Microsoft billionaire to flip the bill. Ain't little ol'me who's going to be making many sales along the way this first time around.

This is a scouting mission to get the ball rolling, at our own expense. I need help from the entire EV community if this is going to become reality. I'm doing best I can here with help from friends, but it ain't enough. This needs major PR muscle which I can't muster on my own... I also don't want to feel like I'm wasting my time, because I have better things to do, and if that was the case I would just turn right back to Chicago.

Long stretches of 66 in MO and OK are just too sinewy to get off 44 and travel. If I'm going to make my target date of May 24, 25 in LA. The only place I can get WiFi is cheap motels, but looks like I'm going to be sleeping in the car from now on... this is my last splash of luxury. So no more updates for awhile, until friends put me up again further down the road.

I am getting great video though, and it will be fun to host a raw footage party back in CT in June. The large format pix are great also, but files much too large to download here, in this small lap top, so will all have to wait till I get home.

Rem
http://www.thebox66.com
PS My cell phone number is on the site... call me, keep me company, OK?

If you want to contribute to the ET List, you must register with Yahoo Groups and get a User Name and ID.

To unsubscribe from this group, just send an email to:

   http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

--- Begin Message --- I have a 2 door 98 Golf GTI that I
picked up for my EV project. ($750) That will start when I get the kitchen/dining room floor done and will be as detailed as my 928.
Mark Grasser
78 #358
BIG REDs
http://members.rennlist.com/mgrasser

John Wayland look out.

After being shuttled from agency to agency and back I
have found out that the state has made an agreement
with the auto makers, that conversions cannot qualify
for any Clean Air perks. Such as HOV lanes. Has anyone
had any luck with this? Let me know what if any luck
people have had in CA with this stuff.  I'm trying to
get the state to certify us a converters so people can
save a trip to the referee station. It's also
interesting trying to get people in these state
agencies to grasp what we are doing. Sheesh!

                   Gadget

visit my websites at www.reverendgadget.com, gadgetsworld.org,
leftcoastconversions.com