  1) RE: Dragtimes Featured Car of the Month
        by Mike & Paula Willmon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) RE: What the limiting factor up a hill
        by "Garret Maki" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) RE: mini monster garage
        by "Garret Maki" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) RE: Zilla DAQ 4 mode questions or how to graph a race?
        by "Claudio Natoli" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) RE: Dragtimes Featured Car of the Month
        by "Dean Thompson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: Taper Lock Adapter
        by Steve Powers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: Dragtimes Featured Car of the Month
        by "steve clunn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: Using flooded vehicle as donor
        by Ralph Merwin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: Dragtimes
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) High Peddle Safety "Engage" Contactor
        by "Mark E. Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) RE: What the limiting factor up a hill
        by "Garret Maki" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) EV's on e bay
        by "steve clunn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) RE: Using flooded vehicle as donor
        by "Hartsell, Fred" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Re: Conversion business "advertising" on eBay
        by Meta Bus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Oscar buzz for "Who Killed the Electric Car"
        by "Roderick Wilde" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) 300ZX Hybrid
        by "Bill Dennis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: Taper Lock Adapter, Flywheel Fun, Sentra Stuff, too.
        by "Bob Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Regen on RWD
        by "David Ankers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Clicking on an electric S10
        by Christopher Zach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Re: AC low power inverter kit
        by Kaido Kert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Re: Clicking on an electric S10
        by "Mike Phillips" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) Re: Clicking on an electric S10
        by Dave Cover <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) Bed lifts on S10
        by Christopher Zach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 24) "Gone Postal" goes to LA Film Festival
        by "Roderick Wilde" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 25) A VERY Green Day on Greenwood Av. (long)
        by Steven Lough <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
7 now, who dares compete with the Mustang?!!
** it is fast though :-O **

I found a weak battery.  It seems fine for the first 10 ahrs then drops
to about 8 volts which I guess means a reversed cell.  I am going to
monitor this battery on the ride again tomorrow and see if that is
correct.

One thing that seems odd was that the pack voltage still reads 66 volts
and my meter on this one battery shows 8 volts, which means the other 5
batteries must average 11.6 volts which seems unlikely high for the
conditions.  When I come to a stop the battery climbs back up to about
12 volts over maybe 20 seconds.

Just for the heck of it I geared up 2 teeth in the front tonight just to
see what happens and make sure I am running out of battery and not
running out of gearing.  It will be interesting to see how it affects my
amp hour usage for the commute.

I remounted the CasaDelGato battery monitor today too so it will be more
usable.  I had it in a bad place tucked up in the fairing so I couldn't
get at the buttons and inadvertently left it in a display mode where it
wasn't updating if a battery went below the threshold (10v in my case).

I am having quite a bit of fun with it finding these thing out none the
less, much better then working on the brakes and steering bearings,
blinkers and junk like that that I had been working on.  I am now a firm
believer in the wisdom that I have read on this list that you should
start with a good vehicle to convert from.  I have spent more than I
paid for the whole chassis fixing things like bearings, sticky brakes,
and fork seals that it would have been better to just spend more money
in the first place.  Now that a lot of that is sorted I must say that
the Fj1100 is a pretty good chassis for an electric considering it was a
heavy bike stock with a big motor so there is more room for component
placement and weight handling.

I am looking seriously at changing up to a group 31 battery next go
round.  I think I am going to just replace the one stinker that I have
for now.  The other five seem to still be doing strong, although I did
replace one under warranty this spring that had an open cell.  If I go
another 60 pounds heavier with group 31 batteries I am treating myself
to a revering contactor to get myself reverse.  This thing is starting
to get to heavy to push back on my tippy toes.

P.s. about floodies and getting acid on you in the case or a crash, do
you really think it is any worse than gas?  I bet you never think twice
about that.  Same thing, it could happen and it would suck, but no
riskier than driving around with gallons of gas and oil IMHO.

-Garret
Broomfield CO

Carl,
I filed for the tax credit.  They sent me a letter asking for
documentation.  I used a lot of second hand parts so I didn't have
receipts for everything.  I sent them what I had and pictures too.  They
rejected it for lack of documentation.  I resubmitted some more
documentation within 30 days.  I haven't heard anything back yet.  I
guess it is time for me to contact them again.  The hold time to call
them is atrocious though.  I think email works much quicker, but you get
less information.  I'll let you know if they ever accept it. It is 85%
if I read the law right, well more that I actually paid in state taxes
so I would have to carry it forward into following years anyway.  They
were unsure whether I could be reimbursed for any of my build time for
that matter too.
Garret