  1) Re: "WKTEC?" Showing in Washington DC and Gaithersburg, Maryland
        by Jim Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: My ICE Costs
        by "Roland Wiench" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Licensing EV's in Illinois
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Dana Havranek)
  4) WKtEC - postponed in Triangle until Sat, Aug 19
        by Peter Eckhoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: EV1: 12 mile range?
        by Patrick Clarke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: EV1: 12 mile range?
        by David Dymaxion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: You know you're a list member when...
        by "Rich Rudman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: You know you're a list member when...
        by "Rich Rudman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: You know you're a list member when...
        by "Rich Rudman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) "WKTEC?" Box Office Numbers
        by "Roderick Wilde" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) MIT creates energy manhattan project
        by "Matt Kenigson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: You know you're a list member when...
        by Lock Hughes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) EV's in Pasadena
        by "Robert Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) RE: You know you're a list member when...
        by Cor van de Water <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) RE: Pasadena HyperMinis Under Assault Now
        by Cor van de Water <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) RE: EV1: 12 mile range?
        by Cor van de Water <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) backyard blower builds
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 18) Re: WKtEC - postponed in Triangle until Sat, Aug 19
        by Dave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: WKtEC - postponed in Triangle until Sat, Aug 19
        by "Matt Kenigson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Re: Pasadena HyperMinis Under Assault Now
        by "Matt Kenigson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
Hey Chip

  Can't make that one (hehe) but I believe it also opens in Bend today.  I plan
on seeing it this weekend and can't wait.  No big hoopla planned that I know
of, but I'll wear my Power of DC shirt, maybe see if the wife fits into my BBB
shirt also, although it might look more like BbB, LMAO!
  Cya
  Jim Husted

Chip Gribben <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  The movie is still playing here in DC at the E-Street Theater and
next week it opens at the RIO in Gaithersburg, Maryland.

Due to popular demand I have printed another batch of WKTEC shirts.
Email me at [EMAIL PROTECTED] for details or check out the EVA/DC
site at http://www.evadc.org.

Chris Paine has one and picked one up for his producer. Chelsea
Sexton helped with the design on the back. So its been a group effort.

Chip Gribben
EVA/DC Webmaster
http://www.evadc.org

Hello Ryan,

The first set of batteries were 90 each 300 amp hour cobalt 2 volt cells
that was over 18 inches long at a cost of about $100.00 each in proto type
EV call Transformer I.

The controller was a modified Cableform 900 amp SCR unit, that also have six
large open frame 600 amp contactors, which one was the main, two was the
regen, one was the by pass, two was the safety. These package was close to
$10,000.00.

The on-board battery charger was a SCR type, which the input AC voltage can
be anything from 100 volts to 480 volts with a variable current control of 0
to 60 amp continuous.  It also could charge the 12 volt accessory battery at
the same time it charge the battery pack.

The off-board battery charger was also a SCR type with large 3 phase bridge
with three 300 amp scr's per phase.  No built in power transformer, uses the
power line transformer, that is 250 volts delta connected up either in a
close delta using three 25 kva transformers or open wye using two 50 kva
transformers.

This battery charger package is over $10,000.00.

The accessory drive units was a Honeywell motor-generator unit, that power A
145 amp @ 12-16 volt DC unit, a power steering unit, a A/C unit, vacuum
pump, and water pump for the hot water heating system.   I know that the
Honeywell motor generator unit was about $1000.00 and the Delco
alternator-inverter unit was another $1000.00.

The GE motor is something else.  This motor was design in house to how the
windings are to be done, type, commentator poles, commentator micro mirror,
etc. and contract out to GE for building.  These motors are way over
$10,000.00.

Then there is the vehicle modifications and customizing.  This was done by
Creative Industrial in Detroit.  This mod includes extending the car length
another foot, a new nose section, reinforced frame sections, heavy duty
suspension system rated for 3500 lbs at each wheel.  The wheels load rating
are rated also at 3500 lbs and the Goodyear Poly tires were rated for 50 psi
at a load rating of 2500 lbs.

The total new package back in 1976 was $52,500.00.  My was a little cheaper,
because they did a test run of 1046 miles in 24 hours to show that a EV can
run over 1000 miles in 24 hours.

I ran with these batteries for about 10 years, and replace them with a
shorter battery of 220 AH in a shorter insulated fiberglass battery box that
did not run below the body of the car.  It was hard to keep the batteries
warm even with 1 inch of foam and heater at 35 below zero.  So I perform a
lot of mod to do this.

I ran the standard 6 volt Exide batteries, because I was only driving 2
miles to work and back and it was not cost effected to run a high power
batteries that have driven one of these cars to 152 miles driving Chicago
city streets.

I then drove with this battery pack another 10 years and then do a extreme
modification of the whole car.  I wanted to keep this proto type EV in
existing condition, So I bought a sister car which matches the front and
driver compartment of the Transformer I but the rear is a customize trunk
hatch back that for a El Camino.

It took about 5 years to complete this projected which I still using the
same GE motor, but a using a Zilla and a PFC-50B charger and Trojan T-145
batteries all mounted in the center of the car.

Another mod I did was to have the pilot shaft of the GE motor drive the
accessory units, just like a engine drives this units threw a pulley and
belt system by using a Dodge Power coupler and electrical clutch disconnect
unit.

The suspension system is by PST Performance Suspension Technology and Air
Ride Technologies.  The axles and differential are Mark Williams
Enterprises.

When I am going down a steep icy hill, I can connected the motor pilot shaft
to the accessory drive to give me a mechanical REGEN, which will slow or
maintain the down hill speed.  Otherwise, it would be disconnected and the
Honeywell motor-generator would drive these units.

The driver compartment is modified, using a fold down dash plates that holds
seperated indications, instruments and cross connecting terminal boards and
Power Anderson 15 to 30 amps terminal strips disconnect units.

A large wire way is install down the middle of the car under the center
console, that holds all the control and power circuits, that are in
seperated shielded conduits.

I need to replace this Honeywell unit, with another motor drive unit.  So
you see, the mods and changes is always a on going project.