  1) Re: Speaking of Hybrids
  2) Re: Busses, trains and Automobiles........ More!
        by "Bob Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: soneil chargers
        by "damon henry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) was Looking for a controller Now AC Motor
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  5) Re: Personal Electric Transport
  6) RE: wiring size
        by "damon henry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) RE: Speaking of Hybrids
        by "Randy Burleson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: Personal Electric Transport
        by "jmygann" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: KillaCycle YouTube now over 20,000 views
        by Jim Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Re: wiring size
        by "Roland Wiench" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: Busses, trains and Automobiles........ More!
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 12) Re: Top two wheeled ev you can buy right now
 13) Re: Keystone Carts saga
 14) Re: Personal Electric Transport
        by Tom Watson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) RE: Looking for a controller...
        by "Dale Ulan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) RE: was Looking for a controller Now AC Motor
        by "Joe Plumer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: Personal Electric Transport
        by "Darin - at - metrompg.com" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Panasonic contactor
        by Rod Hower <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: KillaCycle YouTube now over 20,000 views
        by Bill Dube <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Re: Personal Electric Transport
        by "Mike Harvey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) RE: Panasonic contactor
        by "Phil Marino" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) Re: Panasonic contactor
        by Jack Murray <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) Re: Looking for a controller...
        by "David Roden" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 24) Fwd: FW: Personal Electric Transport
        by Tim Humphrey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 25) Re: Looking for a controller...
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 26) Re: Panasonic contactor
        by Rod Hower <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 27) Re: wiring size back to the question...
        by "Tim Gamber" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
> Thanks for sharing that Jack.
>

> I have been thinking along similar lines.
> My idea was slightly different . Run a high strength
> steel shaft through the hollow shaft of a normal rear
> wheel hub, with bearings at either end.

Could you clarify this please?  I've never seen a rear wheel with a hollow
shaft, unless you are talking about a typical live axle rear end.  In that
case there is already a shaft (drive axle) inside the external tube.
I don't think this is what you're talking about though, since most people
use this as is without machining anything.

From: Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: ev@listproc.sjsu.edu
Subject: Re: soneil chargers
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 08:51:51 -0600

Tim Gamber wrote:
i recently saw a 36 volt 4.5 amp charger on the internet and it said that you could leave it hooked up indefinetly and it would not overcharge your batteries. Would this also be true for AGMs because thats what i was thinking of usng it for. Do i still need regulators, or could i do without?

If it really does shut off completely, it would be fine to leave on your batteries indefinitely. The problem is that almost all chargers do *not* turn completely off, no matter what they claim. The advertising has gotten so bad that I don't trust anything it says; I verify for myself what it actually does.

Soneil is a good brand, so you have a better chance with them than others.

Get in the mood for Valentine's Day. View photos, recipes and more on your Live.com page. http://www.live.com/?addTemplate=ValentinesDay&ocid=T001MSN30A0701

If anyone needs this motor

 _http://www.mavin.com/index.php?crn=200&rn=362&action=show_detail_
(http://www.mavin.com/index.php?crn=200&rn=362&action=show_detailI) I

Don't spend 2000 dollars I can get you one for 1250 dollars brand new still
in the box. It is the OEM replacement motor for the 1998 to 2001 Ranger EV.
The problem is there are no controllers for this motor except Siemens. I have
talked to Victor and the distributor will not sell the controllers without
buying a motor. A Siemens controller would also allow one to change the factory

Ranger or allow use this motor in another vehicle. It is a super price  for a
new AC motor the problem is obtaining a controller. It is a perfect motor
for a pickup it moves 5000 pounds very quickly. Quality products do cost  more
but another point to consider.  If you buy from Metric mind  you not only get a
system that is of the highest quality but Victors  support. Victor's web site
_www.metricmind.com_ (http://www.metricmind.com)

I am going to be buying the Siemens and motor controller from  Victor.

Don

In a message dated 2/9/2007 6:55:57 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I think  you could get a controller from Electro Automotive.

From: "Dewey, Jody R ATC COMNAVAIRLANT, N422G5G" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <ev@listproc.sjsu.edu>
Subject: RE: wiring size
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 07:56:16 -0500

I understand that it worked well for you but what would you say if it
suddenly burned up on you.  When building a vehicle with lethal voltages
I tend to stay well within the specs of all pieces involved.  A hefty
safety margin is recommended.  When something goes wrong the excuse
"someone on the list said it was OK" won't really help you out.  I tend
to draw upon engineering data so I know for a fact that what I am using
will work in the application I select.  I am not saying you are wrong -
I am saying I wouldn't go that route.  I would think an electrical fire
on a motorcycle with me on top of it would be a scary idea.

Jody

From: "jerryd" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Hi All,
======<<>>======
>http://blueskydsn.com/BugE_Concept.html

I think you could get a controller from Electro Automotive.

Or metricmind - Victor sells Siemens inverters (and motors).

-Dale

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- Thanks, that's pretty much what I expected. I plan to buy a new motor from Victor as soon as get enough money together to afford both the motor and controller.
I hope it will be soon.

Turn searches into helpful donations. Make your search count. http://click4thecause.live.com/search/charity/default.aspx?source=hmemtagline_donation&FORM=WLMTAG
Peter VanDerWal wrote:
I like it!  I wonder how much the kit is going to cost.

I do too.

Site says: "A completed BugE costs about $4000" (http://blueskydsn.com/BugE_FAQ.htm), and, "The BugE kit will sell for approx. $3000." (http://blueskydsn.com/BugE_Design_Concept.htm).
Has anybody tried these on their EV,
http://pewa.panasonic.com/pcsd/product/pwr/pdf/mech_eng_ev.pdf
It's rated at 300A and 400Vdc, can break 2500A.
Thanks,
Rod

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- As I mentioned to you on the phone a couple of days ago, there was nothing that size missing from the motor. Thus, this makes me believe that it was a nut or bolt that we picked up from the track.

There is no direct path to the motor commutator window from the rear tire, but there is a "pachinco machine" type route that a bolt or nut could find its way though. The bolt would have to be picked up by the rear tire, bounce off the top of the rear fender, pass next to the fender by the chain, land on top of the left end of the rear motor, vibrate along the length of the motor to the right side of the bike, and then drop into the brush window.

Also, there is no direct path for such an object to escape upward. The bolt would have to drop out of the brush window, land on the track, then stick to the rear tire and be hurled up in the air behind the bike.

It is the only reasonable explanation we can come up with.

Bill Dube'

At 11:13 AM 2/9/2007, you wrote:
Hey Bill

First off congrats on the views you've had so far.

I wanted to chime in here because my wife went and had
a look last night to see if it was a new one or what.
When I came in she said did you see that spark
shooting over to the field?  I was like what??  Sure
enough (I'd never noticed it before) at the very end
you can see a glowing piece of something shoot about
30 feet high and shoot over to the field left of the
track.  Anyway I was wondering how many of us missed
that high shooting star.  It's right around the
freeway lights.  Really shows how hot these arcs are!
Cya

--- Bill Dube <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The video clip of the KillaCycle running 8.760 at
> Las Vegas is now
> over 20,000 views on YouTube and appears to be
> accelerating. Over 600
> views in just the last day!
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dRpAZci9m0
>
> Bill Dube'

Want to start your own business?
Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.
http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/r-index

I will go so far as to say LOVE:) I'm smitten.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Darin - at - metrompg.com" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
I like it!  I wonder how much the kit is going to cost.

I do too.

Site says: "A completed BugE costs about $4000" (http://blueskydsn.com/BugE_FAQ.htm), and, "The BugE kit will sell for approx. $3000." (http://blueskydsn.com/BugE_Design_Concept.htm).

Rod -

do you know who distributes these, or what the prices are?

Phil

From: Rod Hower <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: ev@listproc.sjsu.edu
Subject: Panasonic contactor
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 11:26:20 -0800 (PST)

Has anybody tried these on their EV,
http://pewa.panasonic.com/pcsd/product/pwr/pdf/mech_eng_ev.pdf
It's rated at 300A and 400Vdc, can break 2500A.
Thanks,
Rod

Invite your Hotmail contacts to join your friends list with Windows Live Spaces http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://spaces.live.com/spacesapi.aspx?wx_action=create&wx_url=/friends.aspx&mkt=en-us
looks good, where can you buy them?

On 9 Feb 2007 at 9:46, Joe Plumer wrote:

> But since they don't have controllers I don't know if it's a decent deal. Does
> anyone know if a controller is still available?

This subject comes up on the EVDL every few months.  Briefly, the answer is
"no."  Search the archives for details.  Just search for "Mavin."

EV List Administrator

Note: mail sent to "evpost" or "etpost" addresses will not reach me.
To send a private message, please obtain my email address from
the webpage http://www.evdl.org/help/ .

According to his design spec sheet, about $3,000.00

http://blueskydsn.com/BugE_Design_Concept.htm  last line

--
Stay Charged!
Hump

From: "Peter VanDerWal" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: ev@listproc.sjsu.edu
Subject: Re: wiring size back to the question...
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 23:53:51 -0700 (MST)

Ok, as I recall you were discussing a 72V bike?  Are you drag racing it?

If not, then cruising speed will probably need about 75 amps give or take.

Assume your bike has 20 feet of cable (probably less but what the heck).

The resistance for 20 feet of:
1/0  is approx 0.002 ohms
00   is approx 0.0015
0000 is approx 0.001

So 4/0 will have about 1/2 the voltage drop of 1/0
At 75 amps
1/0 will drop ~0.14 volts
2/0 will drop ~0.116 volts
4/0 will drop ~0.074 volts

The difference in efficiency at 75 amps will be ~0.1% between 1/0 and 4/0

At 200 amps the difference in efficiency is ~0.26%

Note: those are not typos, I did NOT mean to say 26%, we are talking about
a fraction of 1%.

So yes, it makes a tiny difference in efficiency. You'd have to decide
whether or not that is worth the extra weight, expense, and hassle.

P.S. I asked if you were planning on drag racing because at 1,000 amps it
gets up over 1%.  Probably not worth the extra weight but you'd have to
run the calculations.

Your Space. Your Friends. Your Stories. Share your world with Windows Live Spaces. http://discoverspaces.live.com/?loc=en-CA