  1) RE: custome made
        by "Scott Stadler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: lectro electric forklift 30-24A
        by Jim Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: AC Drives on Ebay
        by <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) RE: Single RPM Sensor for Dual Motors
        by Mike Willmon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) RE: Dual Controller/motors
        by Rodney A <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: lectro electric forklift 30-24A
        by mike golub <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: lectro electric forklift 30-24A
        by mike golub <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) RE: shunt motor controller?
        by mike golub <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: Dual Controller/motors
        by DM3 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Re: lectro electric forklift 30-24A
        by <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) RE: Single RPM Sensor for Dual Motors
        by Jim Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: lectro electric forklift 30-24A
        by Bill & Nancy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) RE: shunt motor controller?
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Re: distributed charging
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) RE: Bob Schneveis' Walking Electric Chariot
        by Mike Willmon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) RE: Dual Controller/motors
        by Rodney A <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) RE: Machining adapter plate via website
        by Mike Willmon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: lectro electric forklift 30-24A
        by John Wayland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: lectro electric forklift 30-24A
        by mike golub <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Re: Geo Metro EV on a budget
        by mike golub <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Re: Lee's BMS?
        by Tom Ward <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
Ok, thanks for the info.  Was about what I expected.  More of a headache
then is worth dealing with...

=================
Scott Stadler

Date:  Thu, 15 Mar 2007 14:46:12 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Rodney A" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Dual Controller/motors
To: ev@listproc.sjsu.edu

Hi All

Has anyone useddual controllers/motors in a vehicle?
If so, how do you
manage it? If you usedual motors with one for each
powered wheel, how do you
manage things likedifferential control?

I am looking atusing two Curtis or alltrax controllers
which actually work
out to be cheaperthan a larger controller, but am
trying to work out how to
synch them to worktogether, and wondering if anyone
else uses that setup!

Cheers

Rod

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- Just a thought, but you might try the charger on single phase. There is a chance it might work just at a lower charge rate. This of course presumes that it is settable for 240 volt and not a 460/480 volt only model. Is there any information on it or a nameplate perhaps? Occasionally the voltage conversion diagram is pasted to the inside of the door.

----- Original Message ----- From: "mike golub" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

--- Mike Willmon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Since
> all the WarP9's now come with the CE shaft I'll have
> to implement the little
> spacer plate like I did on the Mitsu.  Was really
> simple actually.  Table sawed a piece of 1/4"
> aluminum plate, put some 3.5"
> pieces of cold rollled tubing in and some 3" bolts.
> The trick is getting the sensor mounting holes
> perfectly centered on the hole
> for the shaft.  Now I could, if I was so inclined,
> mount a pulley onthe CE shaft and still run
> accessories off the dual 9's.  What
> accessories I'd need I do not know.

Hey Mike

If you don't need the tailshaft just wack it off drill
and tap it and put on the one Otmar sells.  He's got a
how to at his site to boot.  You do have to open the
CE plate hole also.  It's a little bit of work but
it's a nice install with a clean look and maintains a
shorter profile for anyone having a clearance issue.
I also like the fact that if machined properly it
snaps in real tight keeping moisture and crap from
entering the bearing area.
Just my take on it.
Cya
Jim Husted
Hi-Torque Eectric

The fish are biting.

Just get a variac and build a charger.
Bill

mike golub wrote:

[...]

Finding fabulous fares is fun. Let Yahoo! FareChase search your favorite travel
sites to find flight and hotel bargains.

____________________________________________________________________________________ TV dinner still cooling? Check out "Tonight's Picks" on Yahoo! TV.
http://tv.yahoo.com/

From: Mike Golub
> Maybe I meant clutchless, not direct drive.
> Would clutchless work with the shunt motor?

Yes. Clutch vs. no clutch isn't affected (much) by the type of motor. It mainly
affects driveability. It's easier to shift with a clutch. Though, if your
motor/controller combination doesn't require much shifting, or your
transmission happens to be one that is easy to shift without a clutch, it
doesn't make much difference.
--
Lee Hart

From: john fisher
> what about having an intelligent on-off switch but no charger power
> supply at the battery, with a central charger? Is this what you guys
> call a BMS? Maybe it would have to be a Big Switch?

That's pretty much it. A BMS (Battery Management System) is anything that gives
you a way to charge different batteries by different amounts, so you can make
them all pull together as a team despite any differences between them.
--
Lee Hart

Damn, how do you see out the windshield?  I don't suppose drag racing is in
this beastie's future.  I wonder how many Wh/Mi this
thing gets...the Animaris Rhinoceros that is :-O

HI Mario

That's very interesting. Yes, pictures would be great
(you can email me
directly). I'm in Australia, so nothing around here
remotely similar.
So it CAN be done! But is it better to connect the
motors together and then
to the drive shaft this way? Would you get the better
torque and
acceleration that way? Any other ways of doing it?

How are the controllers synch'd? So there is still a
differential then?

Thanks

Date:  Thu, 15 Mar 2007 14:46:12 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Rodney A" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: ev@listproc.sjsu.edu

Hi All

Has anyone useddual controllers/motors in a vehicle?
If so, how do you
manage it? If you usedual motors with one for each
powered wheel, how do you
manage things likedifferential control?

I am looking atusing two Curtis or alltrax controllers
which actually work
out to be cheaperthan a larger controller, but am
trying to work out how to
synch them to worktogether, and wondering if anyone
else uses that setup!

Cheers

Rod

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.

I too bought mine from ElectroAuto.  I didn't make the measurements to
determine that the  4WD and 2WD Transmissions for the
Mitsubishi have different size bellhousings. So the first one I got didn't fit.
 I sent drawings I made of the 4WD bellhousing
after I got the ICE out and they built it to the drawing.  Now I suppose they
have another template for their library.

(Mike, Shari, if you're listening, for your template, run each of the holes for
the pilot bushings out .005" from the centerline
from the measurements I gave you for the distance between them.  They were a
tad to close together.  5 minutes and a round file
and it fit snug as a bug all the way around :-)

I think the trick to the e-machine would be to have a known good library of
templates built up and indexed to the manufacturer's
part number for the tranny.  That way the data could be cross referenced to
known builds and options for the production vehicle.
A person could find the shop that lists their particular and specific tranny
part number and just order without having to build a
drawing.

Mike,
Anchorage, Ak.

Hello Mike and All,

mike golub wrote:

Can the tires be upgraded for outdoor use?

No. It's strictly meant for warehouse floors and occasional paved parking lot travel. You'll have to stick with pressed-on solid tires. It takes 4000-8000 lbs. to press the tires on and off the hubs, if you're so inclined.

I checked some of the batteries and they seem thirsty.

I think you mean 'cells' in the battery.

I didn't see a drop of liquid. The voltage of the 36
volt battery is 8volts.

I guess I can add some distilled water

Don't waste your time with distilled water, especially with an old tired battery. Just use tap water, and make sure to not fill the cells up any more than where you can just barely see water at the plate 'grid' cover...no higher. The water can rise as much as 3 inches as the charge comes up. Usually, you don't add water when the battery is discharged and only add it after the battery is fully charged for this reason.

You'll want to know the ahr rating and 'C' rate of the battery in order to know how to properly charge it. If you pull the insulator plastic inter-cell strap cover from the one nearest the positive terminal, you'll find some letters and numbers stamped into the lead. Check them out, then email me and I'll decipher what it means for you. It will tell you the manufacturer, the ahrs per plate, and the number of plates per cell. The plate count number is always odd, not even, to make up for the extra negative plate.

See Ya.....John Wayland

I have a large variac, just stick the bridge on the
output? And set it to about 40 volts? To charge the
pack?

--- Bill & Nancy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Just get a variac and build a charger.
> Bill
>
> mike golub wrote:
>
> > I haven't decided what to do with it.
> > My wife thinks I can get it working, but as a
> back-up
> > plan it will be used for ev parts.
> >
> > Can the tires be upgraded for outdoor use?
> >
> > I checked some of the batteries and they seem
> thirsty.
> > I didn't see a drop of liquid. The voltage of the
> 36
> > volt battery is 8volts.
> >
> > I guess I can add some distilled water, and get a
> > charger on them. I have the charger it came with,
> but
> > it's 3 phase.
> >
> > So I might have to get a 36volt charger or that 3
> > phase convector.
> >
> > anyone have a SE-1072 that they done with?
> >
> > Michael Golub
> > http://community.uaf.edu/~ffmig/home.htm
> >
> > --- Jim Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >

> >>Hey Mike
> >>
> >>You're gonna have to ask Wayland on that one, he's
> >>the
> >>guy who removes the babies.  I'm more like the guy
> >>who
> >>circomsizes them 8^o
> >>
> >>I've seen the crazy crap forklift guys have to do,
> >>that's why I don't do it, LMAO!
> >>
> >>Hopfully John will chime in for you, although it
> >>might
> >>take a day or two.  He called me today all in my
> >>face
> >>that he'd put that Cat motor back in "all by
> >>himself"
> >>all the while sounding like Shirly Temple on a
> >>curtis
> >>controller.  I couldn't help but picture Wayland
> >>walking out of Boyds with a bit of a limp.  It was
> >>hard to tell if it was the buldging 6 inch hernia
> or
> >>if he was just thinking about playing with my
> >>Siamese8
> >>this weekend 8^o
> >>
> >>Anyway when you get them out (after all the real
> >>work
> >>is done) let me know.  If this is for EV
> consumtion
> >>you should find nice keyed shafts.  In fact I
> can't
> >>remember having done a motor from a Lectro that
> >>didn't
> >>so hopefully that's some good news.  Watch you'll
> be
> >>that one, hehe.
> >>
> >>Glad to hear all went well.
> >>
> >>Jim Husted
> >>Hi-Torque Electric

> >>Finding fabulous fares is fun.
> >>Let Yahoo! FareChase search your favorite travel
> >>sites to find flight and hotel bargains.
> >>http://farechase.yahoo.com/promo-generic-14795097

> > TV dinner still cooling?
> > Check out "Tonight's Picks" on Yahoo! TV.
> > http://tv.yahoo.com/

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html

Where can I find a good contactor circuit for a shunt
motor?

Thanks in advance!

--- Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Bill Dennis wrote:
> > Are the contactors always breaking under full
> load, then, when you want to
> > stop supplying power to the motor?
>
> Not if designed properly. A good contactor
> controller brings the motor voltage
> and current up/down step by step, so there are no
> large transitions. They are
> arranged so no contact has to make or break full
> voltage or current. With the
> classic 3-step controller, no contact sees more than
> half the pack voltage
> and there are at least 3 contacts in series for
> every speed, so if one welds,
> the others can still stop you.
>
> However, it's tempting to cheapen a contactor
> controller to the point that
> these rules aren't met. The ones in Citicars and
> golf carts had nothing to
> prevent you from going from a dead stop to full
> speed, for example. And the
> rectactor circuit minimizes the number of
> contactors, so if one welds you
> can't turn it off.
> --
> Lee A. Hart    814 8th Ave N    Sartell MN 56377
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Finding fabulous fares is fun.
bargains.

I had a thought, which may be stupid.

It may be possible to save some fabrication time and possbily money by
replacing the relay board and part of the control board with something
like this:-
http://cubloc.com/product/03_02.php
or this
http://cubloc.com/product/04_01cb280iobd.php

There would be some additional work needed to interface it to Lee's
control board (which you still need for the connection to the DC/DC
convertor and AC power line) so the net result may in fact be more time
but its probably worth considering, especially if you don't like
soldering.