I drove my ICE for the first time this year.  I normally start it up once a
month and run it for about 15 minutes, but not drive.  I drive it once a year
adding a gallon of gas which cost $3.45 a gallon to freshen the remaining gas
in the tank.

Back in the 50's it cost me about $4.00 for 20 gallons of gas per month, so it
feels very good, that it only cost me that much for the year.

This vehicle is a sister vehicle to the EV with the same body style.  It uses a
Holly fuel flow digital reader, where it displays instant gallons use, average
miles per gallon use, distance travel and time of travel.

To find out if the EV can travel the same route for a distance that might take
50% SOC to run, I first test the amount of fuel it takes to run this course
with the ICE.  I normally run the ICE until I use the one gallon of gas.

The ambient temperature was at 45 degrees F. The engine was at 65 degrees
(garage) and move out right away without too much warm up over 2 minutes.
Start driving up the same steep hill I do with the EV which normally takes 2.2
AH, the average mpg read 4.7 mpg for the 1st mile.  The 2nd mile driving on
level grade, it about double to 8.2 mpg.

After 2 miles, the engine is warm up and now the running averaging 13 mpg in
these roller coaster hills in this town.  Every time I stop for a traffic light
which idles the engine for up to 1 to 2 minutes, the mpg can drop back to 8
mpg.  The EV with the idle off shows 0 motor and battery ampere during these
stops.

EV for 2 miles driving the same course with a battery temperature of 65 F
normally gets 3.3 ah per mile, the down hill run shows 0 motor and battery
ampere.

I than can estimate that it could take about 8 miles x 3.3 ah = 26.4 Ah.  I
normally drive the 8 mile route once a week with the EV and ampere hour usage
has very from 18 to 22 ah.

At 22 ah, it takes about 60 minutes to charge the batteries at 25 amps at 250
vac.

Therefore 25a x 250v = 6250 watts or 6.250 kwr.  I pay about $0.10 kwr so this
8 mile run cost me about $0.625 for the EV as compare to the ICE at $3.45.

Roland