Actually I can see developing an automatic hands-free H2 fueling apparatus.
 It wouldn't be simple, requiring multiple sensors and fail-safes, but it
could be done.  Not sure it makes sense if FCV range allows a once-a-week
fill-up at the neighborhood station.

I'm wondering if your between-the-lines reading of the newswires is more
pertinent.  For whatever reason, some manufacturers are highly resistant to
climbing on the EV bandwagon.  (The fact that their EVs are pretty good in
spite of their reluctance says something about the ease of EV development.)
 Talking up FCVs is a way to tell another story.  And to sell more ICEs in
the meantime.

Chris