On Thu May 29 09:36:11 PDT 2014 ev@lists.evdl.org said:
>Indeed, if you have a split pack, you need a fuse for each segment to properly
>protect against mechanical shorts. In an accident, both ends of a partial pack
>could get pinched in frame metal.
>
>Sheesh. One more thing to buy.

With my current update of the truck, I'm going to have 3 separate battery boxes.
Probably have big Anderson connectors to each box - though I won't have a fuse
in each box.
What I will have is an 800A 3 phase breaker, using 2 of the phases to separate
each box, and the 3rd will disconnect the + from the controller.  The breaker
is located in the back beside one of the battery boxes. (it is also in it's own
box.)
There are also contactors on both sides before the controller.
The breaker has an electrical actuator as well as the big honkin lever.  I'm
looking at hooking the actuator up to a BRB in the cab.  I may also hook up the
big teleflex cable from the old Automatic Shift Lever on the steering column,
to pull the lever on the breaker.
Also, all the cables between the boxes will be run in places where it would
take major trauma to the truck to damage them.  (inside frame rails, etc..)

--

Worlds only All Electric F-250 truck!
http://john.casadelgato.com/Electric-Vehicles/1995-Ford-F-250