Original message rejected due to size - Resent with link to photo of bad axle splines.

http://s117.photobucket.com/user/jaynethecat/media/IMG_0540.jpg.html

See e-mail discussion below:
From: "Terry Forfa" <tj...@hotmail.com>
Sent: Monday, June 09, 2014 8:49 PM
To: "Dennis Miles" <dmiles33...@gmail.com>; "Electric Vehicle Discussion List" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Subject: Re: [EVDL] FW: Vibration

Dennis,

I didn't originally see the part about the vibration happening when in
neutral and vehicle stopped...

Have you checked you motor mounts?
The motor running (I assume) could be transmitting motor vibrations through
to the chassis/frame from a metal to metal contact at a motor mount.

You also may notice it if you have a driveline judder back (and forth) to
the frame/motor "...from the loading/unloading of the torque in
the drivetrain from acceleration/deceleration." as Cor Van de Water mentions
below.

I had a driveline vibration with my EV Truck at one time that drove me crazy
for awhile with the vibration about 45mph. Turned out to be axle splines
worn on one of the rear end axle halves (photo attached).
I found this out after rotating wheels/tires with the truck jacked up and
decided to put it in gear with motor in idle to see if there was a bent rim
or possibly a bent axle and noticed a slight lope. I believe I also pushed
in and pulled out to see if there was any axle slop as well.
This of course was after putting hose clamps at various positions on the
drive shaft suspecting an unbalance as well as rotating the driveshaft yoke
around with no positive results.

Terry