State transport bus on a Bengaluru, India highway rammed into her EV

http://wwv.asianage.com/columnists/indian-national-deathways-036
Indian National Deathways
Jun 12, 2014  by Jayanthi Natarajan

"Accidents are neither one-off, nor sensational, nor very relevant till they
happen to us. They are a public health concern, requiring study, policy
intervention, laws and implementation.

 ... Closer home, in a terrible domestic tragedy, my own niece, a wonderful
bright, lively, responsible youngster was driving her electric car on a
major Bengaluru highway when a state transport bus crossed over to the wrong
side of the road and rammed into her little environmentally-responsible car.
She died on the spot. A young life was gone, never to return. The lives of
her young husband and grieving family have changed beyond recognition.

My niece’s co-workers arranged a series of lectures on road safety, and the
talks were mind-blowing in their essential simplicity of message and the
importance of urgent action. Yet, although the knowledge, expertise and the
announcements exist, and the tragedies and devastation regularly occur, as a
society we seem to do little about it ...
[© asianage.com]
https://www.google.com/maps/@12.9539974,77.6309395,11z
(map) Bengaluru (Bangalore), India highways
[images
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/photo.cms?photoid=2970044
Bangalore state transport buses

http://media.newindianexpress.com/article1523054.ece/ALTERNATES/w460/30buses.jpg

http://www.trafficinfratech.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Bangalore-Bus-Station-1.jpg
]

For all EVLN posts use:
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=search_page&node=413529&query=evln&sort=date

http://defense-update.com/20140611_an-israeli-robot-hauls-1-2-tons-payload-on-high-risk-missions.html#.U5jyykCjLMo
Israeli electric robot hauls 1.2 tons on high risk missions

http://paultan.org/2014/06/10/nissan-sell-rebadged-leaf-china-venucia-e30/
Dongfeng Nissan to sell rebadged Leaf EV in China as Venucia e30 EV

http://www.cartrade.com/blog/2014/car-tips-and-advice/tips-to-buy-an-electric-car-657.html
Tips To Buy An Electric Car in India

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/lifestyle/gadgets-and-tech/06/05/14/e-jeepney-facility-soon-available-tacloban
Solar powered E-jeepney facility dubbed re-charge.ph
http://www.rappler.com/move-ph/ispeak/59636-ejeepney-journey-approach-sustainability-philippines
The eJeepney journey: A bottom-up approach to sustainability in the PH

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1092566_ouillim-yet-another-all-electric-supercar-this-one-from-south-korea
Oullim Spirra EV electric supercar From South Korea

http://www.chinatopix.com/articles/2875/20140604/china-s-new-tax-rare-earth-drive.htm
China’s Rare Earth Tax pay$ for bullying neighboring countries
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=china+bullying+countries
+
EVLN: Kumho Tires' Wattrun EV tires bets big, Renault deal

{brucedp.150m.com}