They are offering a deal to employees of the UNC system where I work, to
buy Leafs at deal cost.  I could get a bare bones one for maybe $22K -
$23K.  But that was very uncertain when I tried top pry information from a
dealership without actually completing the paperwork and visiting.

I found the intel about dealer cost interesting.

On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 5:41 AM, brucedp5 via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:

> After seeing many misinformed newswires on that topic, that did not state
> where EVs are available and at what price so the public can compare, I
> thought I would put together this post.
>
> I encourage comments and evdl members to post similarly of what EVs are
> available and their prices in their location.
>
> I searched for new non-compliance-car EVs in the SF Bay area. I think it
> would be interesting to compare with other regions. My local Mitsubishi
> dealership web pages did not list the iMiev so, I left the iMiev out. Here
> is what I found:
>

> $32k 2015 Nissan Leaf S Trim r:75mi-EPA, Level-3 charging:CHAdeMO
>
> http://www.stevenscreeknissan.com/new-inventory/index.htm?year=2015&&&sortBy=internetPrice+asc&model=LEAF&;
> Stevens Creek Nissan
>

> http://www.nissansunnyvale.com/new-inventory/index.htm?model=LEAF&&&&year=2015&;
> Nissan Sunnyvale
>

> $43k 2014 BMW i3 (EV-only) r:81mi-EPA, Level-3 charging:Combo css
>
> http://www.stevenscreekbmw.com/new-inventory/index.htm?model=i3&sortBy=internetPrice%20asc&;
> Stevens Creek BMW
>
> http://westmont.laurelbmw.com/Westmont/For-Sale/New/?ModelId=2432&Model=i3
> BMW of Fremont
>

> http://www.peterpanbmw.com/inventory.aspx?_new=true&_model=i3&_sort=priceasc
> Peter Pan BMW
>
> http://www.eastbaybmw.com/inventory.aspx?_new=true&_makef=BMW&_model=i3
> East Bay BMW
>

> $70k Tesla Model S 60kWh r:208mi-EPA, Level-3 charging:Supercharger
> http://www.teslamotors.com/models/design
>

> All these USD prices are before any rebates and will vary (dealerships mark
> up the price wildly to get as much as they can). These prices were the
> lowest ones I found on the above dealership websites.
>
> In the following 3 different EVs, they each have level-3 quick charging and
> multiple driving modes. These Automakers seem to have made much more of an
> EV commitment than all the others. I am using a price to mileage ratio to
> roughly compare the EVs' bang-for-the-buck (the lower the number, the
> better
> the deal):
>
> Leaf: ~427 (=32000/75)
>
> i3: ~511 (=43000/81)
>
> Tesla-S: ~337 (=70000/208)
>

> The Tesla-S has the best overall deal, and the Leaf is the better
> lower-purchase-cost deal.
>
> But besides not being a better cost/range deal, there is another problem
> with the i3. There is nil Combo css level-3 quick charging in the Americas.
> Therefore the i3 only has a 6kW level-2 charging capability in the
> Americas.
> For some, level-2 is all they need but not having Level-3 quick charging
> that is a game-killer for many buyers. They may hardly use it, but it it
> there if they want to use it, and it adds to the EV's resale value.
>

> I suppose we could do a similar comparison with the compliance-car EVs, but
> why?

> [...]

*Dalai Lama *

Tell me what it is you plan to do
With your one wild and precious life?