From: EV [mailto:ev-boun...@lists.evdl.org] On Behalf Of Larry Gales via
EV
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2014 11:18 PM
To: ev@lists.evdl.org
Subject: [EVDL] Question about amp-hr

I know that   watts = amps * volts,  and watt-hours (wh) is a measure of
energy, but over and over again I hear people talking about EV batteries
in
terms of amp-hours.  What does that mean if you don't know the voltage?
1000 amp-hr is not impressive if the voltage is, say, 0.00001 volts.  Is
there some sort of standard voltage, e.g., 3.6 volts, that is assumed
when
one talks about LiON batteries?  Does amp-hours tell you something more
than watt-hours?

Thanks in advance,--
Larry Gales

--