Hi Lee,

Part of the long, long discussion covers this. We have a list of common metal items (along with size and material) that must be detected. There are some other standards that EV charging will have to conform to, since we will need to prevent overheating that can cause human injury.

Some of the scenarios that we have:
* metal left on the pad before charging (coins, cans, keys, metal foil, etc),
    * metal blowing onto the pad during charging (same list),
    * living objects moving near to the charging area.
The list is not complete yet, but I'm hoping we'll be done with it by the end of the year. It is slow going since we need to negotiate with companies worldwide.

Cheers, Peter