Dave,

I have a pack like that, 16 cells, 48V.  It is heavy and not packed tight
as it uses the plastic frames available for these cells.  But the threaded
holes in the stamped end plates seem to be well made and can take real
torque.  If they are nickel that explains their high cost.  I always
assumed they were copper with Ni plating.

Weight, cost, and low energy and pack density are probably cons, but maybe
the plastc boxed CALB and TS, etc. are similar?  I guess nothing is as
dense as the laptop style cells.

The small packs I have are not specified well, so I can't compare datasheet
items.

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 10:35 PM, EVDL Administrator via EV <
ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:

> On 19 Aug 2014 at 21:18, Jay Summet via EV wrote:
>
> > The contact/connection may not be as good as bolt on terminals, but
> > for 18650 cells you could probably get away with it without excessive
> > force. Flashlights do it all the time...
>
> Does anyone here have experience with the screw-terminal 38140 cells
> offered
> by Headway (and perhaps some of their less well known Chinese competitors)?
> Their vendors even offer complete kits with hardware for grouping and
> linking cells.
>
> But then you might be falling back into the problems of loosening and
> corroding connections, I suppose.
>
> They also seem to be a bit more expensive per watt-hour than some other
> LiFePO4 cells, but that might be because I don't know where to look.
>
> David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
> EVDL Administrator

*Dalai Lama *

Tell me what it is you plan to do