> Slower acceleration leads to lower average speed.
> Which leads to lower wind losses.

Not at tall.  You can take all the time y ou want to get to 70 PMH, but it
is not acceleration that is causing the wind loss, it is *speed*.

The wind losses are proportional to the cube of *speed* period.  You can
accelerate to a high speed or you can coast down a hill, in either case,
it is *speed* that is the only variable we are talking about there.  The
fact that acceleration causes speed is a second-order effect.  And just
confuses the layman....

Bob