I worked for Eaton Corp in the 90's and they had a system for trucks called
VORAD that does much of what the Tesla does in the way of not hitting
things out front.  What didn't exist then was GPS; and the cost and size of
the computers was large.  Is is not as if Tesla started with a fresh idea
of their own.

I think it is more like, "of course Tesla can do it, but will they be
allowed to."

I took Al's comment to be more one about politics, and regulatory stuff -
not whether it works physically.

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 10:32 PM, paul dove via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>
wrote:

> Tesla says they can do it now