Having owned a Model S for a month, I'm starting to understand why Tesla
drivers love the cars so much.  I've found that everything I have used on the
car has worked better than I expected.

  -  Driving in the dark, the headlights are very impressive.  Go around a
corner and the car lights up around the corner.

  -  Turn on the wipers and they automatically adjust speed.  Light mist, slow
wipers.  Heavy downpour, fast wipers.

  -  Enable navigation and your route is shown on the touchscreen.  You also
get voice commands.  Standard stuff.  However, you also get a heads-up view of
the upcoming road on the instrument cluster that adjusts to match the road
ahead.  It shows every twist of the road ahead so you know what to expect.

  -  Of course, the driving experience is amazing.  Very refined and easy to
control, but power is always ready when you want it, without any hesitation or
lag.  Lift your foot off the accelerator and you slow down.  It is amazingly
intuitive.

My wife drives the Tesla two days a week and it is hard to go back to driving
any other car.  It just doesn't compare.  When I had the test drive, it was the
driving experience that hooked me.  The other things have all been a nice bonus.

Mike